Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Bring who down?
    The team so they dont get too cocky hearing all this media talking them up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      If you follow what a lot of people are saying, they aren't picking us. They are saying we have a chance. But none of them are really saying that we are the favorites. They are basically covering themselves. Saying that they think it will be an interesting game.

I not only think it will be an interesting game, I think we are going to win. If the guys who made the lines really looked at the teams and checked the matchups, I think they would come to that conclusion too. That is not to say that the Donks can't win. We have to hold Manning in check, because if you are off your game, he will light up any secondary. But that is pretty much the usual disclaimer. That is always going to be true.

You look at the matchups, and our secondary plays well, we get some pass rush, and can stop their run (read tackle), I think we have an outstanding chance. Our D has played really well the last few weeks. Our running game was tough for them to stop last time, and they are missing their best player on D. Manning is potentially scary, but we just have to go in and show no fear. Mix up our coverages, favoring the press stuff a little bit, because Decker and Thomas both get bitchy when you press them a lot. And if we can get some nice solid hits on Manning, that would help.

I just don't think their D matches up against us at all. The only way they stop our running game is to sell out to do it. They only way they stop Rivers and the passing game is to sell out to do it. But if they sell out to stop one, we can beat them with the other, and we are willing to take what they give us all day long. It will keep the ball away from the forehead.
      Mathews may not be able to go the whole game again and his ankle seems to be worse than it has been. Hopefully Woodhead and Brown have a nice game. I do agree with everything though. The defense needs to force some 3 and outs and get some pressure on Peyton.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Mathews may not be able to go the whole game again and his ankle seems to be worse than it has been. Hopefully Woodhead and Brown have a nice game. I do agree with everything though. The defense needs to force some 3 and outs and get some pressure on Peyton.
        If our OL performs this week like they did last week, then our RBs will be fine regardless of who is toting the ball. Our OL was amazing last week.

Also, if Manning has to take the kind of hits we put on Dalton last week, then it's all over but the shouting. Dalton is a tough SOB. I remember a corner blitz we ran, and I think it was Marshall who had a clean shot at Dalton, and he just wiped him out. Ingram also put a major shot on Dalton on that TD play. We harassed Dalton pretty much all day, and if we can get that same kind of quality play this week, Manning will have that look on his face for sure.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          So what you're saying is that it's ok for him to:
          1. Simply slam Phillips - doesn't have to draw a penalty, nor be at a crucial part of the game.
          2. Slam Phillips and draw a penalty (but not at a crucial point)
          3. Slam Phillips at a crucial part of the game (but not draw a penalty).

I'm fine with each of those scenarios.
          What sort of slamming are we referring to? There's one kind in particular that I wouldn't want to see under any scenario.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            "NFL cheerleaders are sexy." Busted! (No pun intended.)
            You win.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              If things go right, I can see us having too many rushes for any 1 player to handle. I think Brown and Woodhead have to be part of the game, even if we get Mathews 25 carries.

The last game, all the highlight are of our outside zone play, and Mathews getting to the edge and getting chunks of yardage off tackle. But Cinci, all our RB were about 1 step away from breaking it vs a very good Bengals D, right up the middle. The middle of the Bengals D is a much tougher place to play then the middle of the Broncos DL. The only thing that is going to be harder for us is that the Bengals LB are quick and stout, while the Donks LB are better at running plays down in pursuit. It think it is a lot harder to break a long run vs Denver, especially if Mathews is limited. But I think you can get the 3, 4, 5 yards easier and more consistently against Denver.

They can do what they want against us. But our OL were locking up and driving guys off the ball, and that is what Denver has to do to beat us. Stop having us physically beat them at the point of attack. Maybe they can do it, but they haven't recently. It's not a game plan thing, it's a we can run at will thing.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                What sort of slamming are we referring to? There's one kind in particular that I wouldn't want to see under any scenario.
                If it were that, it would be in a "You're my b****" kind of move. So I'm OK with that kind under these circumstances.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Regional cover....

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Regional cover....
                    I hope this doesn't jinx us -- damned SI curse!
                    Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

It's a regional cover. There's one for Luck and another one with Knowshon Moreno crying, with the Obama Hope stylizing.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

image.jpg

Espn crew taking this too far lol.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

It already did - Clary is on that cover and hurt his shoulder in practice this week!

Comment

Working...
                          X