• Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Balcony
    • Senile Agitator
    • Send PM

I apologize....I meant to say, "Are the Chargers getting love from our own press?" I shouldn't have used "we".

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Balcony
      • Senile Agitator
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
      I apologize....I meant to say, "Are the Chargers getting love from our own press?" I shouldn't have used "we".
      Shit. I shouldn't have said "our" press. Like we own it. Silly me.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Yeah it's this kind of thing that I wonder if it will motivate the Broncos.
        Or more doubt could creep into Peyton's mind.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          With respect, this seems like a form of superstition. If media gives us too much attention, it means bad things for us. I think our guys know what they are up against.
          Not so much superstition as I don't want all.this sudden positive spin to creep into their heads and make them overconfident. Sounds silly to have such a mindset heading into a game against a buzzsaw, but I think there is waaaay too much attention being paid to that win in Denver as if we just have to walk in the stadium and the results will replicate themselves.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            Not so much superstition as I don't want all.this sudden positive spin to creep into their heads and make them overconfident. Sounds silly to have such a mindset heading into a game against a buzzsaw, but I think there is waaaay too much attention being paid to that win in Denver as if we just have to walk in the stadium and the results will replicate themselves.
            I have really conflicting thoughts on this.

On one hand I fully agree that we would be insane to start reading our own press clippings and that a rested Bronco offense who will have Welker this time, with time to game plan is really dangerous against a defense that has some BIG question marks in the secondary. They had the best record in the AFC and will be motivated to pay us back. They are a 10 point favorites for a reason.

On the other hand, McCoy really seems to have the pulse of the team and I really don't think he'll let them get too full of themselves. We are peaking at the right time, playing loose and they just don't fear the Broncos. If anything, deep down inside, I think the Broncos fear the Chargers a bit, especially Rivers. And Manning could feel the weight of his playoff record.

To me, Mathews ankle could be the difference in this game. If he is healthy enough to play the game and we can run, our chances go up a lot. If he can't go and we get in a shootout, even with their defense being pretty suspect, I don't like our chances much in that game.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Welker had like 20 yards in the first game. He's good but I'm much more worried about Demarious Thomas than Welker. If we miss a tackle on those WR screens they throw to him, he's gone.

Comment

• maurile
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

This talk of motivation is kind of silly. It's the NFL playoffs. Both teams will be maximally motivated regardless of what anybody in the media writes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Maybe Den is there on special assignment to bring them down.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

The Broncos are the highest scoring offense EVER. Not just in the AFC or just in 2013. All time record holders. I don't see how McCoy lets them go in overconfident take them lightly. I don't see how a player could let himself be overconfident as well.

Worry about the gameplan and execution, not about the players being overconfident.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Maybe Den is there on special assignment to bring them down.
                      Bring who down?

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I like this talk of being scared. Fear of losing leads to all things good.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          Welker had like 20 yards in the first game. He's good but I'm much more worried about Demarious Thomas than Welker. If we miss a tackle on those WR screens they throw to him, he's gone.
                          It's about the chess match, not the stats. Yes, Thomas is the bigger threat. If Welker is hurt we can pay less attention to his replacement and focus on Thomas; if he plays, we got to account for both of them, a more difficult task.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X