• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    Look, I'm not going to do your homework for you (because I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, waking up in an hour, packing, and getting on a train to Brussels, instead of posting here, drinking fine rum, and watching the night game), but MrH for one posted more than once that McCoy should be fired if we lost tonight. Not that I took any of those posts calling for McCoy's head seriously, but they were posted.
    As I said. One guy. That's it.

This thread is all about one guy that seems to have it out for McCoy?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Balcony
      • Senile Agitator
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      This, except for maybe Pagano.

I think most of us (including me) were saying that we would be incredibly disappointed in the coaches if we couldn't even show up to play the other team's backups on our homefield with the season on the line. I think that was, and still is, a valid gripe had we lost. Yes, 8-8 in the grand scheme of things would have been admirable but you cannot deny this loss would have been a MASSIVE choke.

Although if Butler had taken that pick 6 early in the game we probably would have shattered their confidence and forced Reid to go vanilla all game and it wouldn't have even been close. But there's always something to be said for a tough, gritty win that builds character, regardless of the foe.
      I'll claim the Pagano post. He's inconsistent at best.

And yes, if we had lost, this would have been yet another epic choke in a long list of epic chokes for this franchise.

Comment

• Charged up
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Here are a few that I found...

The McCoy naysayers were right
        Originally posted by captaind View Post
        My desire to fire the entire coaching staff just waned for a brief moment in time.
        Hope you are right. Gonna be hard to root for McCoy after a loss like this.
        Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        If McCoy doesn't win this game against KC backups he should be fired tonight.
        Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        To be fair we would be all over Norv with this kind of effort, so McCoy needs to get his head out of his ass right about now.
        Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        We need to find a real head coach. This is inexcusable.
        I really, truly think McCoy undoes all the good he's done all year with a loss here in a situation like this. If you can't motivate your team in a game handed to you like this, well, that's just sad.
        Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        This. Everything goes down the toilet with a loss to these scrubs. And McCoy and staff bear the brunt of the blame.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I see only one "fire McCoy" comment in there. The rest are just frustration/disappointment.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Balcony
            • Senile Agitator
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
            Here are a few that I found...
            Sounds like thoughts from posters who are sick & tired of playing the 4th and 29, McCree fumble, and missed Kaeding field goals routine. Haven't we had enough for one lifetime?

I don't know that I could have taken another choke job.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Looks like a lot of guys venting frustration at a team that did not play well today. Can't really fault them for blowing of steam in a game day thread when things are going bad. That's what it's for, heat of the moment posts both good and bad.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Charged up
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Again, my point was I think McCoy has done a solid job for 1st year rookie head coach & patchwork coaching staff. Yes the game was stressful, but win or lose I am on the McCoy and co bandwagon. Pagano is the only one I think has to have a stellar post season to retain his job.

Also, I have some optimism looking forward to 2014

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If no one expected us to be here someone did a good job.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I have not accepted that we are a Play Off Team because I am still stuck on what was said by lots of people on this forum at the beginning of the season.
                    -bad hire
                    -bad draft
                    -4 win team
                    No matter what happens in life some people just want more. Give them an updated IPhone and they will complain in two weeks its out of date. Never happy!

Comment

• Grinners
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      If no one expected us to be here someone did a good job.
                      Love that Rivers fire fingers! Cool.......................

and they will never be happy even if we win the Super Bowl!
                      Yes we have an even chance to win it all. Everyone has a record of 0 wins and 0 losses in the Post Season!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

You let what other people say influence you that much that you haven't accepted this is a playoff team?

Maybe you shouldn't let others influence you so much
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                          Well in game remarks were a little over the top. Someone said this loss 'would define the McCoy era,' etc. I was disappointed in the way the club was playing, myself. Just ask my wife, who told me on more than one ocassion to calm down. But I was disappointed in so many people discrediting whats been accomplished this season because of how the Bolts started in this game, too.

I chalked it up to heat of the moment so I didn't jump in to say anything. But I wonder if so many people would have rained down that bitterness if we'd lost? I think I would've had to take a break or just bail on the whole thing. From where I sit, we're competing for a playoff spot because of coaching. As currently constructed, this isnt playoff talent we're talking about.
                          I don't wonder at all. There were a couple of posters who were ready to fire McCoy because we didn't DESTROY the Raiders last week. Never mind the 'unforgivable' sin (almost literally true, for some geeked-out Raider haters) of actually losing to the Raiders! Because we all know that a loss to the Raiders counts as 2 losses; and just beating - not obliterating - the Raiders counts as 1 loss.

Probably my only big gripe with the people on this board. The ridiculous, bordering on insane, obsession with beating the shitty Oakland Raiders.

My 'dream' season would be to go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl. With both regular-season losses coming to the Raiders. LOL! The 'haters' here would probably call it a 'tainted' Super Bowl victory; claim that it doesn't count; and want the coaches and GM fired. Comedy at its best. It would be a hell of a way for me to officially 'retire'.

Comment

Working...
                          X