Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    I'm not so sure that would suck. I mean, in many (most?) years the two best teams DID come from the same conference. Sorry to say, the '94 Super Bowl would have been a much better game if it was Cowboys-49ers (instead of Chargers-49ers). Who wants to see a blowout? For a while, it was a joke. Team after team in the AFC was getting pulverized; game was over before the 3rd quarter.

I don't know about you, but I kind of agree when some fans/analysts say "The REAL Super Bowl will be played this Sunday, when the [best team in the league] plays [the 2nd-best team in the league] in the Conference Championship game".

The ONLY thing you get when you pit a David vs. Goliath in the Super Bowl is that once-in-a-long-while big upset. Like the Jets way back in '69. But...how many times has THAT happened? Just brain storming as I write this post, I can't think of another time. The first Patriots' Super Bowl victory (over the Rams), maybe? And I'm not talking about the 'dog winning the game; I'm talking about a Jets-Vikings kind of thing.
    Let me guess, you're in favor of losing the PAT also.

Hell, no, to conference-less playoff seeding! Yes, the two best teams (or this year, arguably, the 5 best teams) often come from one conference. Big whupti-fucking-doo! I enjoy the conference rivalries. And upset happen regularly. Pats over Rams, Giants over Pats, etc. It adds to the drama and excitement, IMO.
    Adipose

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I thought the draft was actually pretty funny. Will watch the game if the TV is on and I'm not doing anything else.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        Let me guess, you're in favor of losing the PAT also.

Hell, no, to conference-less playoff seeding! Yes, the two best teams (or this year, arguably, the 5 best teams) often come from one conference. Big whupti-fucking-doo! I enjoy the conference rivalries. And upset happen regularly. Pats over Rams, Giants over Pats, etc. It adds to the drama and excitement, IMO.
        No to your question. It would be more exciting - and meaningful - however, if they moved it back to be something like a 35-40 yard "field goal", IMO. Still not sure I'd be in favor of that.

As for this Conference thing...the lines have gotten so blurred anyway. It's not like inter-conference play is all that unusual. Not unusual at all.. And some of the biggest - if not the biggest - rivalries are within same conference/division.

If they keep it, that's fine. If they change it, that's fine, too. It's not going to twist up my knickers.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Eric Weddle is our version of Brian Wilson. Hes funny.

Comment

Working...
          X