• Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Mmmmmm titties...
    I must spread some reputation around...etc, etc...
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Chargers WR Keenan Allen thought about retiring this season

BY BRYAN ROSE - DEC 26TH, 2013 AT 11:55 AM

Currently leading the San Diego Chargers in reception yards and touchdowns, Keenan Allen is having a rookie season to remember. But it almost never happened as the former Cal Bear told the San Diego Union Tribune recently that early in the season, he thought about quitting football as he wasn’t part of the Chargers game plan.

Despite the Chargers losing wide receiver Danario Alexander to an August season-ending injury, Allen saw zero offensive snaps in a season-opening loss to the Texans.

“After I didn’t play after that first game, I was about another snap away of not playing from quitting,” Allen said. He doesn’t know, he says, how he would have told the Chargers.

So what was Allen’s plan, had he hung up the cleats? A return to Berkley where he intended to finish obtaining his degree and eventually move into music production.

Thankfully (at least for the Chargers), Allen did quickly crack the rotation and is now in the race for the Offensive Rookie of the Year award as the Bolts attempt to sneak (with help) into the final AFC playoff spot.
      He also called his mama up in training camp telling her it was too hard and he wanted to quit.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        as long as he doesn't get into trouble like VJ- he'll get paid by the Chargers.
        Even if he gets in to trouble like vj he is still worth having on the team. Letting vj go was a clear mistake
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          Even if he gets in to trouble like vj he is sretill
          worth having on the team. Letting vj go was a clear mistake
          That's not clear to me. Feeling the need to replace him with Meachum and Royal was the mistake. The money should have been spent on the O line.

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Norv's insistence on long striding WR really hampered this offense the last couple years. With a QB like Rivers there are a lot of available quick WRs who can be effective. I'd make every effort to keep Allen in 4 years if he keeps developing, but we really don't have to break the bank for receiving options. I would like to see more multiple TE sets because they create mismatches and generally cost less.

Comment

Working...
            X