Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the team already knows that the odds are very long for the playoffs... they've been asked about it for weeks since the Cincy loss. (Cincy seems to be the team that no one really hates, but seems to bite the Bolts during playoff runs.)

Just beat the 'duhs! Its the only game I'm going to this year, and it's bragging rights in the family until the next 'duh game.
    Lately, what team doesn't seem to bite the Bolts during playoff runs?
    Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'm just glad the Chargers don't have to play Cincy next season again...rather play the Steelers, even in Heinz Field. Charger fans seem to underestimate the Bengals, and it may carry to the locker room. Just no buzz in the town when the Chargers play them, and it was the least energetic, next to the Raider loss, that the team played.

It's a TARP....game after a huge win over a playoff-headed team.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        As I stated several times in our most discusting losses this year, we are the only team that can beat us when we can play as well as we have. If we controle the stupid self infliced wounds better we win three games walking away that ended up losses MINIMUM! Its the youth on the field and young new staff together, but they are comming together and forming a culture and look out next year if this continues to grow like it has through the season.
        The self inflicted loss thing isn't why we lost 3 games, it was why all our losses happened. I know announcers hate it, but there is a ton of truth about no beating yourself. The same was true of Norv's teams. Eliminate the big negative plays due to mental errors, and we don't have nearly the hurdles to get over. And when we are almost overcoming those hurdles that we put there for ourselves, then it stands to reason that without them, those 3 point losses become 4 point wins. It probably really works out somewhat better then that, since so many of our errors not only cost us points, but set the other team up to score as well, or are otherwise field position related (and also relate to points score/allowed).

There are always going to be forced errors and getting physically beat by a superior opponent. That happens and there is only so much you can do about it. But so many of our mistakes are just stupid mistakes and we can do something about that.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          Um, no.

Look, teams do it all the time. When they need help from other teams to make it, they make sure those games aren't being shown in the locker room and that the scores aren't broadcast anywhere. And if the Chargers want to make sure the players remain focused, that is definitely an option.
          Then it's an insult to the players' intelligence.

"Gee...no score being shown for that one game. I wonder what that means?"

Maybe "players' intelligence" is an oxymoron.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Then it's an insult to the players' intelligence.

"Gee...no score being shown for that one game. I wonder what that means?"

Maybe "players' intelligence" is an oxymoron.
            I don't see why it's any more of an insult than any other motivational ploy used by coaches and teams. It helps keep the team focused.
            Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

If this team is not prepared to beat the living shit out of the Raiders, then McCoy really IS in over his head.
              I am ready to buy into him after last Thursday. This is the acid test.

Time to not drop this acid tests
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                I don't see why it's any more of an insult than any other motivational ploy used by coaches and teams. It helps keep the team focused.
                Whatever. Probably not worth the bandwidth debating this. It would nice to think the team would play just for pride...something that I think has been missing from this place for some time.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  If this team is not prepared to beat the living shit out of the Raiders, then McCoy really IS in over his head.
                  I am ready to buy into him after last Thursday. This is the acid test.

Time to not drop this acid tests
                  Broncos at Mile High; Raiders at home. Yeah, that's about the same. LOL!!

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

They got beat down by a lowly Raiders team early in the year. If that's not motivation enough to get some redemption, than I don't know what is.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

It's about focus, not motivation. Minimize potential distractions.
                      Adipose

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

They didn't get beat down by Oakland, they just turned the ball over too much....

Team is different now as it completes its transition from "Stupid Norv" (turnovers, getting QB killed) to "Smart McCoy" (take care of ball, protect Rivers).
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I want to see Pagano keep up the more physical line play and tighter coverage schemes. Come on Pags, make ME believe this D is not soft and ineffective.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X