• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Scifres stat of the week

With one more game played, Scifres' 50 punts trails only Saints Punter Thomas Morstead's 48 for fewest punts by an every game Punter this season.
    Can he be dead last for the season?
    I hope so.

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...ing/sort/punts

:larry::rimshot:
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

That would mean our milequetoast scheme ain't that bad!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Buck
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      That would mean our milequetoast scheme ain't that bad!
      Scheme this milqueshits!

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
        Scheme this milqueshits!
        New name.

Milqueshits = McCoy haters.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

MilqueNorv logo:

Time to burn this Manningschops
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

We also have the fewest offensive drives (130) in the league coming into this week. Our punt rate is 5th, might go up after this week. Still very, very good compared to 2012 and considering oline injuries. Last year our punt rate was 28th.

Offense is good everywhere but the red zone. Too many FGs. Still night and day vs last year. I don't know if I've said this enough, but I'm very, very, very happy with the change in offensive scheme. 2nd in the league after DEN in successful drives.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Sometimes people make too much out of that. Several games this year, if we had been able to stop giving up the big plays, even kicking FG would have won it for us.

We have a workaround in our goalline offense that has helped. We go trips to one side, with Woodhead offset away from the trips and Allen split out opposite the trips side. We have the WR screen to the trips side, the route combinations with Allen and Woodhead to the SE side and the draw inside, and have scored using all those options in the last few weeks.

But I have been going back and watching our games, and even including preseason, we haven't blocked a single goalline run well all year. The TD run Mathews had vs Denver (at home) is because Denver missed several tackles, but their Left defensive side blew up the right side of our offense, along with the some middle penetration. We did score, but I doubt our guys got any praise in film study on that one. T

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                Offense is good everywhere but the red zone. Too many FGs. Still night and day vs last year. I don't know if I've said this enough, but I'm very, very, very happy with the change in offensive scheme. 2nd in the league after DEN in successful drives.
                In my experience great offenses start out being good between the 20's and then step up to "break through" the red zone a little bit later.

Being as consistent as the Chargers have been this year is HARD. Once they get the red zone figured out, then they'll turn into a prolific offense.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Sometimes people make too much out of that. Several games this year, if we had been able to stop giving up the big plays, even kicking FG would have won it for us.

We have a workaround in our goalline offense that has helped. We go trips to one side, with Woodhead offset away from the trips and Allen split out opposite the trips side. We have the WR screen to the trips side, the route combinations with Allen and Woodhead to the SE side and the draw inside, and have scored using all those options in the last few weeks.

But I have been going back and watching our games, and even including preseason, we haven't blocked a single goalline run well all year. The TD run Mathews had vs Denver (at home) is because Denver missed several tackles, but their Left defensive side blew up the right side of our offense, along with the some middle penetration. We did score, but I doubt our guys got any praise in film study on that one. T
                  Will be interesting to see Clary replaced at RG with Troutman next year. I think having Troutman's strength next to him will help Fluker in his run blocking. Hopefully it will pay big dividends in the red zone.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Doubt we see Troutman moved to the right side. He's played exclusively on the left for his entire career and he's been the only lineman that hasn't moved positions at all (even in TC he was played exclusively at LG). Some guys just can't switch positions I guess.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

The other issue on the OL is that Rinehardt just can't stay healthy. Effectively, we have 3 starting caliber OG (Clary, Rinehardt and Troutman). Letting the guy who suits up every week to keep the guy who is hurt is not such a great move. I can see us resigning Rinehardt for another season and letting Troutman be the understudy for another year, because the OL really is better when Rinehardt is in, but letting Clary go doesn't make that much sense, especially since the OT thing is up in the air with Dunlap's concussions. Clary still gives us a lot of depth, even when he is playing.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        The other issue on the OL is that Rinehardt just can't stay healthy. Effectively, we have 3 starting caliber OG (Clary, Rinehardt and Troutman). Letting the guy who suits up every week to keep the guy who is hurt is not such a great move. I can see us resigning Rinehardt for another season and letting Troutman be the understudy for another year, because the OL really is better when Rinehardt is in, but letting Clary go doesn't make that much sense, especially since the OT thing is up in the air with Dunlap's concussions. Clary still gives us a lot of depth, even when he is playing.
                        Ideally we are able to retain Clary and Rinehart. You then go out and use a 3rd/4th round pick on a OG/C hybrid that you can groom behind them for a year. Let them battle it out to see who starts. If Hardwick decides to retire in 2015, you have that guy ready to step in. If not, he slides in at OG.

It's a big decision though that they will have to make with Clary. They have so many dollars tied to him at a position that Telesco is on record as saying he doesn't value as much as OT. Clary's cap figure could easily be filled by a Butler extension or a Jarius Byrd/CB signing. Swing Rinehart to the right side and still draft an OG.

Clary could easily be asked to take a 50% reduction in pay to put his contract more in line with his position/production. That's a tough pill to swallow though, but there's no chance in hell he gets more than 3 million on the open market.

Comment

Working...
                        X