• Nashville
    • Send PM

Chargers open as 7 pt favorites over the Raiders

Discuss.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Does that mean that at a neutral site the Chargers would be 10 point favorites? Tonight's game will be interesting, the all a-hole fan bowl.

First Raiders@Chargers game I have not gone to in about 14 years. Sad.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

I forgive her...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I hope we have our A game on. Id love to punish the Raiders and finish strong no matter the playoff result. 9-7 is a good year after our bottom dwelling the last 2.

Beat the Raiders is job 1. Finish them.

Comment

• blueman
          blueman commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree, beat the Turds and let the playoff chips fall where they may and it’ll be a damn good season, one I wasn’t expecting at all in September and October. Thank you Chargers.
      • Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

They will come fight thats for sure. This will be a tough game. If we win i think it will be real close. And if the Raiders look terrible we will play down to their level. We are just in major need of snapping out of this funk.

Playing teams with nothing to lose isnt always easy. They go for it on most 4th downs. They try for 2 after scores. This will be tough.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Like the Jets pulling onside kick on the first play...not normal at all. Oak is giving a Wentzless team a run right now. Nothing dominating but they are competitive and if they keep mistakes doen they will be in most games. We need to make this the statement game....last game to finish with at home. Come out firing.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            Like the Jets pulling onside kick on the first play...not normal at all. Oak is giving a Wentzless team a run right now. Nothing dominating but they are competitive and if they keep mistakes doen they will be in most games. We need to make this the statement game....last game to finish with at home. Come out firing.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              WindsorUK commented
              Editing a comment
              Not to belittle the point but we've had what, 1000 special team coaches in the past 7 or 8 years?
              IT'S NOT THE COACHING!
              At some point, people here will have to accept the fact that the players, the guys making the mistakes, are to blame.
              Regardless of whether it's offense, defense, or teams, you need TALENTED players to compete at a high level. We have some on D, hence that unit playing well. Our O is lacking hence the poor production, and teams is littered with bad draft picks. Actually, teams this year are not as bad as teams past because TT actually drafted some decent players the past 2 years( except in the 4th!)
              Fill your roster with better football players and all 3 units play better.

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think its the quality of the players, except maybe the PK, but what frustrates the most is the dumb penalties that kill big plays. I don't know if that is coaching, but there might just be not enough emphasis in practice. The Pats, Ravens and Rams have pretty good STs, maybe because their HCs (or former HC) were ST Coordinators. Lynn might have played STs in the NFL, but he has no experience in coaching there. Stewart however has had 11 years of coaching STs, but last was back in 1999 with the Niners where he coached Lynn. Stewart has the right resume, but you could say it's somewhat dated in ST area.

• richpjr
              richpjr commented
              Editing a comment
              Any time any unit consistently breaks down so often in so many areas you have to question the approach and the talent. It made zero sense to go with a rookie kicker, even though Lambo wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last year and that decision may literally cost us a playoff berth. But side from Kaser starting to develop into a pretty good punter, our ST are breaking down and making crucial mistakes in just about every single game. If I saw gradual improvement it would be one thing, but they have been a freaking disaster all season. Since Stewart is Lynn's buddy and assistant HC, I have little hope a change will be made, unfortunately.
          • Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              WindsorUK commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you F21!
              You just can't coach the stupid out of some guys.
          • Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm seeing some books now at -9, weird. I think it will be a close game myself, but Carr probably won't have both regular tackles. Perryman might be available, and Okung will be if he could prove to the coaches that he could play more than a half. Pagano did improve the Raider D, by doing what he normally does... simplify after over complicating things. Lane Johnson didn't look good vs. Mack in the last game, but Foles needs more time than Rivers.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Look out, here comes beast mode.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

+ 7 seems high with Gordon possible not playing and the run defense is terrible. Amazing how the run defense goes to crap when Perryman is out. KC 174 yds rushing and NYJ 197 yds rushing and as Formula 21 stated here comes beast mode.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ed Hochuli has been assigned as the referee for the game. I think the last time he actually had a game with the Chargers was the botched fumble call back in 2008 at Denver.

Comment

Working...
                  X