• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Trap Game?

Anyone else feeling this? Josh Gordon is a monster and has shown that it doesnt matter if he's been out for an extended period or not. Hes tough to cover. QB play from the Browns will be pivotal. This team is loaded with talented players.

I think we pull it out but im not looking at this like its some easy win.
  • Attack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2017
    • Send PM

I'm not feeling this game will be a trap game. I have a feeling they start out slow, as usual, and then whip them by the end. This game has to be making them feel like they need revenge from last yr. I think the NYJ and Wash games could be trap games, because those squads won't have anything to play for, and there could be a letdown. It would be out of character for this team to blow out all of the remaining games and have no struggles.

Comment

• whookimane
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Comment

• whookimane
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Anyone else feeling this? Josh Gordon is a monster and has shown that it doesnt matter if he's been out for an extended period or not. Hes tough to cover. QB play from the Browns will be pivotal. This team is loaded with talented players.

I think we pull it out but im not looking at this like its some easy win.
        The browns are loaded with talented players? :smh:

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I don't feel the "trap game" this year. I'm convinced this team is primed. The Browns are struggling.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If Rivers plays like he did in Dallas, this game will be the Bills version 2.0.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

This is the game we score a td in the first q.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post

The browns are loaded with talented players? :smh:
                LOL i think so. Just young. Njoku TE, Coleman and Gordon WR, Duke and Crowell is a bruiser....we tend to struggle with backs like that. Garrett, Peppers, Kirksey, Nassib, Shelton and McCourty. They are a very young team. But these kids are good talent.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hue Jackson is a pain in the side for the Chargers. I'm not sure why but he seems to get his teams up for the Chargers. Josh Gordon could go 100+ yards like when he came back initially from a suspension, or he could pull a hammy on his first play, All the tape on him is over 3 years old. Myles Garrett could have a field day at the expense of an overachieving OL. However, I think Lynn has reminded the team over and over again that they are still hunters, not the hunted, and can't afford any mistakes, and they did lose to this team after being eliminated from the playoffs. Kiser isn't going to have a lot of time to find receivers, keep him and others contained in the run game, he may toss a few picks.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Nope. This team is focused and has a score to settle from last year...I.e. we are motivated. Trap games usually involve a lack of motivation, and a look ahead to a pivotal game/matchup/rivalry the following week. I see no ingredients of a trap game, nor do I see them taking the Browns lightly after being their sole victim last year. I see a beat down. The browns play the run well, but their pass d is atrocious. Rivers is in a groove and I see a BIG game ahead.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

These are games we are supposed to win. It will be telling if we win. I think in the past years we find ways to lose these games. Winning will probably show me that this team trully is changing under Lynn. They just keep fighting for each other.

Im just not very trusting yet as a fan. Its been a while since i felt we would simply blow out bad teams.

Comment

• blueman
                        blueman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, but three weeks in a row would be pretty convincing for me.
                    • vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

I don't like that our coaches and players this week keep saying "CLE is a talented team", they basically imply that CLE coaches suck. You've a talented team and you've gone winless, 0-11, what that say about your coaching staff?

Basically, we just help motivate Hue Jackson and their whole staff to coach the hell out of this game. Winning alone is a motivation factor, but a lot of times, biggest motivation comes from the mouths. That's why in NE they're so paranoid about being careful when talking about the opponents.
                      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
                      X