• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

You Guys Continue To Amaze Me

Obviously i care very much about the health of this community. We have moved away from the negativity of former fans and have tried to create a pure Charger Fan forum. We are still ovbiously not huge fans of ownership but speaking for myself its been that way for years. Even while here in SD.

Winning is probably behind our recent surge in activity....but i just wanted to reach out like i always have and express my gratitude for keeping the pulse going here at TPB. Our numbers have been steady over the past few weeks and you guys continue to show up and support one another but more importantly support the young men on the team who wear the bolts and play for us on Sundays.

I think the team has bonded together and no longer care who shows up or who roots against them at home games. I see a team that fights for each other. And because of all the hate i think they were forced to do this. To bond together and fight together like a platoon might. A no man left behind mentality. Im actually saying that i think the hate has been a blessing in disguise for these players.

In a way the same thing has happened here. Despite all the hate and members leaving because we support the team...or chose to stay and take cheap shots....we have stayed together. We are a small community still....and many of the new members from other forums simply didnt stick around. But im proud of all of you who keep this place going. We actually became more active when i shut down the former fan forum. I just felt like it was a negative off-chute of our forum and an ugly one to say the least. I never intended for it to be that way. This place feels more positive now. Ive always been a positive minded person. I believe that positive thinking and emotions create positive results. I believe this as its part of my spiritual life. So to all the members who stayed just to hate...know that it wasnt a personal thing to shut down that forum. Just that i want a positive vibe here. Fans like us who support the team will always be negative and critical when needed. But its different for former fans who only gloat in the losses and disappear when we win. I wish you all nothing but the best.

Cheers to you all. We are doing well right now. And thanks to my staff. Is SC even with us still? lol

Bolt_O, Coach, Rugger, HC, SC
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

bah humbug
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Cheers brother
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I continue to blame the Chargers relocation on (a) the metric system and (b) Canada. Oh, and I heard Christmas is cancelled because the Spanos family demanded it.

TG

PS - Fleet, you rock
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
          THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I said during the 'dark time' that winning would cure all ills. I really believe that. Hopefully, it will continue.

Thanks, FLEET!
          NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Charged4Life
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Since SC got married he's been very busy....hmm.

I don't know if our team will keep winning but this is a winning site.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

will you consider removing the "register/sign in to view" requirement now that membership has stabilized and the diehard malcontents are not raining on the parade in every thread? Lurking used to be fun and easy- even if nothing positive to say in a thread- but still let people keep updated on topics of interest or people they had relationships with. IMO, read only mode has positive benefits too.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Obviously i care very much about the health of this community. We have moved away from the negativity of former fans and have tried to create a pure Charger Fan forum. We are still ovbiously not huge fans of ownership but speaking for myself its been that way for years. Even while here in SD.

Winning is probably behind our recent surge in activity....but i just wanted to reach out like i always have and express my gratitude for keeping the pulse going here at TPB. Our numbers have been steady over the past few weeks and you guys continue to show up and support one another but more importantly support the young men on the team who wear the bolts and play for us on Sundays.

I think the team has bonded together and no longer care who shows up or who roots against them at home games. I see a team that fights for each other. And because of all the hate i think they were forced to do this. To bond together and fight together like a platoon might. A no man left behind mentality. Im actually saying that i think the hate has been a blessing in disguise for these players.

In a way the same thing has happened here. Despite all the hate and members leaving because we support the team...or chose to stay and take cheap shots....we have stayed together. We are a small community still....and many of the new members from other forums simply didnt stick around. But im proud of all of you who keep this place going. We actually became more active when i shut down the former fan forum. I just felt like it was a negative off-chute of our forum and an ugly one to say the least. I never intended for it to be that way. This place feels more positive now. Ive always been a positive minded person. I believe that positive thinking and emotions create positive results. I believe this as its part of my spiritual life. So to all the members who stayed just to hate...know that it wasnt a personal thing to shut down that forum. Just that i want a positive vibe here. Fans like us who support the team will always be negative and critical when needed. But its different for former fans who only gloat in the losses and disappear when we win. I wish you all nothing but the best.

Cheers to you all. We are doing well right now. And thanks to my staff. Is SC even with us still? lol

Bolt_O, Coach, Rugger, HC, SC
                Well said, buddy. I'm so glad to have this place where I can discuss my favorite team.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

For those who may be offended. I apologize.

Last edited by foreigner; 11-30-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Panamamike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think we understood your opinion the first 100 times.....it’s getting old man. It is in your avatar, does it need to be a part of every post you make? I would understand if the thread was about our GM or Owner, but every post everywhere? Really?

• Fleet
                    Fleet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Absolutely agree. Even in threads geared towards being positive some just have to be downers. Its fucking hilarious. Cant we just be grateful for this place for once? Do we have to shit all over everything or make requests? Thats just selfish imo. Me first. Im whats important. lol

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Gwynning_Spirit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do we have to shit all over everything or make requests?

Sounds like a good poll question.
                • Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Thanks for everything Fleet. It's great seeing the team play like we all thought they would at the beginning of the year.

I really can't wait to see the activity when the Chargers make a deep run into the playoffs!!!!

Cheers everyone!!!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

As always, thank you Fleet and to all of of you who help to make this place a part of my everyday life.
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
                      blueman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This. Thank you so much.
                  • Hard Charger
                    Chargers fan since 1977!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Thanks so much for hanging in there for us! You guys have done a great job on the forum! Some day after we win a Super Bowl, we'll look back on all of this. Greatest Chargers forum on the net!!!

HC

Comment

Working...
                    X