Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

That Lombardi Quote

"Football is two things. It's blocking and tackling. I don't care about formations or new offenses or tricks on defense. You block and tackle better than the team you're playing, you win."

I mentioned this during the game thread. These are the two areas where this team stinks.

They can't block. Notice the rushing stats, and PR having to try and scramble every other time back to pass.

They can't tackle. Lead the league in missed tackles.

It doesn't matter what kind of skills you have out there... if you can't block and tackle it's not going to matter.

Get back to the basics!
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

All true. But Rivers is off. Hes struggling despite putting up decent totals coming from behind. His calls at the line...his throws....his demeanor....his frustration. His attitude is embarrassing at times.

When you have 35 fucking little babies in the nest....all of whom are fighting for attention from daddy....and you have to sit in a shitty car for 6 hours a day fighting brutal LA traffic etc, it will take its toll. This move has had the biggest impact on our best player.

Rivers needs to retire imo. Hes just spread himself to thin imo. And this team all starts with him. He has made offenses with much less talent look much better. I refuse to think that he has regressed this much without considering this new lifestyle change as being the main reason why.

I still cant figure out who is to blame for sweeping Henry under the rug. What has happened with this offense that we stopped using our TEs? Im simply assuming Lynn has tinkered with it.

Comment

• Boltx
      Boltx commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with it all.

Also, can our next QB not be a statue, please??? The nano-second Rivers is flushed out of the pocket, the play is DEAD. Can't run, can't throw on the run, certainly can't throw across his body on the run or otherwise. People won't admit it, but this is a HUGE handicap to our offense.
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

John McKay

Last edited by Geezbolt; 10-02-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      All true. But Rivers is off. Hes struggling despite putting up decent totals coming from behind. His calls at the line...his throws....his demeanor....his frustration. His attitude is embarrassing at times.

When you have 35 fucking little babies in the nest....all of whom are fighting for attention from daddy....and you have to sit in a shitty car for 6 hours a day fighting brutal LA traffic etc, it will take its toll. This move has had the biggest impact on our best player.

Rivers needs to retire imo. Hes just spread himself to thin imo. And this team all starts with him. He has made offenses with much less talent look much better. I refuse to think that he has regressed this much without considering this new lifestyle change as being the main reason why.

I still cant figure out who is to blame for sweeping Henry under the rug. What has happened with this offense that we stopped using our TEs? Im simply assuming Lynn has tinkered with it.
      He is obviously near the end, but I just see nothing to indicate he is the close to the biggest problem on the team. He had a horrible game against the Chiefs but bounced back this week as I expected. I think he is extraordinarily frustrated as a competitor to realize that after 4 games the season is all but over and it will be yet another wasted year with no shot at a ring. He knows his windows is closing fast and it is clearly bothering him.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He is obviously near the end, but I just see nothing to indicate he is the close to the biggest problem on the team. He had a horrible game against the Chiefs but bounced back this week as I expected. I think he is extraordinarily frustrated as a competitor to realize that after 4 games the season is all but over and it will be yet another wasted year with no shot at a ring. He knows his windows is closing fast and it is clearly bothering him.
        I think he needs to live near practice. Get an apartment. Hes paid to dedicate his life to work right now. I know you think he is playing great but his efficiency numbers are straight bad. He looks off. Hes making bad decisions. Could easily have 6-8 int's right now.

We need to start grooming his predecessor. And if we draft top 3 its stupid not to think about it.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

I think he needs to live near practice.
          I'm afraid you're right.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

I wouldn't live in Carson if you paid me a million dollars!
            Okay.......maybe $20 million

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
              "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

John McKay

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Hes paid to dedicate his life to work right now.
                It doesn't matter who you are, what field you work in, what you earn or who cuts your check; if you prioritize your job over your family you're an a-hole. If your employer doesn't understand this, then they are a-holes (in this scenario we know that to be the case). Rivers has eight kids. He needs to be available to them and his wife needs at least some help with parenting them.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

It doesn't matter who you are, what field you work in, what you earn or who cuts your check; if you prioritize your job over your family you're an a-hole. If your employer doesn't understand this, then they are a-holes (in this scenario we know that to be the case). Rivers has eight kids. He needs to be available to them and his wife needs at least some help with parenting them.
                  Yet in this field of work.....players leave their families or bring them along all the time. This commute he does every day has to be taking a toll on him. Thats my opinion. As an employer i could never force him to do anything. And i would expect nothing less from Rivers. But players leave their families to focus on their jobs all the time in this league. Or bring them along. Its a shitty scenario for Rivers but its my personal opinion that its having an impact on him. Negatively.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I was worried about a commuting QB as soon as it started being talked about.

You always think you can handle a big commute but it always ends up being a bigger bitch than you though it would be in my experience.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Wada
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2017
                      • costa mesa, ca
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                      I was worried about a commuting QB as soon as it started being talked about.

You always think you can handle a big commute but it always ends up being a bigger bitch than you though it would be in my experience.
                      It's total suck commute even from Costa Mesa. Some Galaxy games it was 20 mins, others 90 mins. I could see that Dago-Carson run going 4 hrs r/t easy.

WTF? Kobe would heli from Newp Coast to Staples.

Comment

Working...
                      X