• Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It's really simple....................

Being a Charger fan is the worst.......

The team sucks and rips your heart out most Sundays.

Me personally almost quit being a fan once they moved up north, but my parents met at a game in bolbao stadium so I had some alliagance to this team.

Shockingly they started 0-4, so they suck.

It's so hard being a fan the rest of the season
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Die hards die hard though. Ill never stop believing. Ill hurt yes. But no man left behind.

Comment

• Rugger05
      Rugger05 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will not die easily but the days of me getting home to watch the game at my kids expense is really starting to wavier. Plus my 4 year old is a big hockey fan now......................

• Fleet
      Fleet commented
      Editing a comment
      Well yeah that a different story. My kids are past that stuff. I never missed their stuff for games.

• Budsman
      Budsman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Rugger the games will always be there your kids not so much. They stop wanting to be around you before you know it. Go be with your kids and maybe find a way to replay the game later. Win win?
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

I will admit im so busy with my new job I have very few free hours on the weekend...im starting to question if I can spare 3-4 hrs watchin this every weekend. I am just not sure when my kids have little free time with me...I may take a pause when the product just cant seem to pull out of the nosedive its on. I believe they have talent but falling short each week is tough. Ive stuck through all the bad years though but my time is just getting short.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

It's really simple. We are a team in a new city with a poor GM and an even poorer owner(the entire family actually)... on top of that we have a rookie coach who is dealing with a rebuilding franchise (IMHO I dont think the coaches are the problem, Whiz, Lynn and Bradley seem decent enough).

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        It's really simple. We are a team in a new city with a poor GM and an even poorer owner(the entire family actually)... on top of that we have a rookie coach who is dealing with a rebuilding franchise (IMHO I dont think the coaches are the problem, Whiz, Lynn and Bradley seem decent enough).
        I'm not sure who to blame any more. It would be one thing if we had zero talent on the roster and were getting blown out every week 35-10. But we aren't and that is what is so frustrating about this team. Every week it's something new that kills us. Rivers has an awful game, our rookie kicker chokes and misses a kick that every kicker in the league should make, the defense can't stop the run, and on and on and on. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. If just one player would step up and make a play in crunch time it could literally change the outcome of a game. But we just never do. So you can blast TT and the coaches and the players but we have changed all of them in the past 4 or 5 years, except for the one constant that is team Spanos. Their stench just permeates everything.

Comment

• foreigner
          foreigner commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah.. at the end Its the Spanos family the ones to blame. I have always been sure of that. I just throw tommy in there for the fun of it.
      • Portland1961
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hillsboro Oregon
        • Construction Re-roof Estimator
        • Send PM

I remember sitting in Balboa Stadium and have been fan since 1961. But now am really tired of the same old crap every week. I've been rooting fro them this year because of the long time players but now I personally hope they lose every game just for Karma to the money grubbing A-hole that owns this team. Its already pretty obvious that LA doesn't want them and the Rams are the team they want. Sorry and i'll continue to read this forum because i've been a long time member even if I don't post. I just cant root for them more.

Comment

• Concudan
          Bhi craic agus ceol again
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2017
          • Principal Quality Engineer
          • Send PM

I get it. It is hard to watch a team in the downward spiral of NFL adequacy.
          But every team goes through it.
          Do you think fans of the Montana-9'ers dynasty like what they see today?

You have to make your own choice. If that is you cant support a team that loses, ok... that is what you have to work out.

However there is a HUGE difference between being a fan of a team, and being happy with poor play. I am still a fan, but I am incredibly frustrated with the play of the team for the last 2 season. But, if I cant take the bad, then I cant take the good is my mentality.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

We have to be down in order to be up, thats for sure, it applies to everything in life.. but this is too much. Come Spanos 33 years is too much, give it up.

Back in march I wore a Chargers T-Shirt at Universal Studios in LA, and at different times during the day 3 or five guys yelled at me "Spanos Sucks!" I just didnt know if they were trying to offend me or showing some sympathy, the only thing I know is that I agree with them.
            Last edited by foreigner; 10-03-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
              X