Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

"Just win Baby"

Chargers QB Philip Rivers: 'Let's just win a football game'

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...-football-game

COSTA MESA, Calif -- You can't get on a winning streak until you win a game.

So for Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers the goal is simple this week -- beat the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

The Chargers of course are 0-3 and losers of eight straight dating back to last season. They've figured out inventive ways to lose games recently over the years, but Rivers' focus is finding a way to win a game in an effort to get things turned around.

"Let's just win a football game -- and then I think we have the capability to go on a run," Rivers said. "We've got to win one first. The way we lost the first two, and then last week, it can cause you to go, 'Shoot, are we ever going to win one?'

"It seems like in years past -- I know we've never been 0-3 -- but we've played our best when we're a little bit, backs against the wall, and a little bit nothing to lose. And I don't mean that we have nothing to lose. But just play a little bit -- not reckless -- but just go play. Don't worry about the 0-3. Don't worry about the percentages of teams that bounce back. Don't worry about the other teams in the division. Just go play. Find a way to win a game. And hopefully, we can kick-start a run."

One way Rivers and the Chargers could help themselves in that effort is to get a lead early. The Chargers have scored just seven points this season in the first quarter and have held a lead in just one of their three games, for about 25 minutes against the Dolphins.

Rivers also has had success against the Eagles (2-1 record) and has a 7-2 mark against the NFC East, his best record against any division. The Eagles haven't defeated the Chargers on the road since 1974.

Playing from ahead could take some pressure off those late-game situations when the Chargers seem to inevitably find a way to lose.

"It would be great to have a lead," Rivers said. "We had one in Miami. We had a chance before the half to make it 13-3. Obviously, we could've scored a touchdown, made it 17-3.

"Those are big. You make it a two-score game, it is different. But that's always an emphasis for us, starting fast. We just need to score. ... We've just got to score more points. You're not gonna win many games scoring 10."

-Video at link-
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Yep, just win a game. Please.

Comment

• SDFan
      SDFan commented
      Editing a comment
      So this is what being a supporting fan has been reduced to...
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

SDfan, as long as the Spanos ownership continues then its a big and resounding Yes....

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Legacy forum?
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Let's do this!
    :anchorjump:
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Since when did we become the Raiders? Don't you guys know our tag is Better luck next year.

Comment

Working...
      X