• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buttkissdick
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2017
    • Send PM

its was something about deflating Fooseballs....

Comment

• Pointyearedog
      Humble Chargers Fan
      • May 2017
      • Golden Hill
      • Medical Devices Operations
      • Send PM

Just wondering if team Spanos did this to save money on an equipment manager... Get a younger one for cheap.
      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
        Just wondering if team Spanos did this to save money on an equipment manager... Get a younger one for cheap.
        If that was the case, why go through the entire move and then let him go? That makes no sense. I'm guess there is more to this than we know.

And I agree - f*** Weddle. He was fined because he did not ask for permission and blew off the halftime meetings without telling anyone. Mike Scifres daughter also performed in that half time show. He asked the coaching staff if he could skip the halftime meetings to watch the show and they said yes.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Every move the Chargers make is going to be criticized by Weddle and Kevin Acee. They cannot let it go.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Every move the Chargers make is going to be criticized by Weddle and Kevin Acee. They cannot let it go.

TG
            Nobody in the San Diego media can - the UT and radio stations are still massively butt hurt.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Why should they let it go though? Chargers have been a shit organization and have handled virtually everything poorly. You reap what you sow.

Being a fan doesn't mean you close your eyes to off field moves and actions.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                Why should they let it go though? Chargers have been a shit organization and have handled virtually everything poorly. You reap what you sow.

Being a fan doesn't mean you close your eyes to off field moves and actions.
                Because they sound like pathetic bitches? I agree that team Spanos is one of the worse owners in the league and deserve the crap they get. But the team made a business decision to leave, one that a lot of others would make in their position so it is time to move on. Wasting time whining about the past is an utter waste of time.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Because they sound like pathetic bitches? I agree that team Spanos is one of the worse owners in the league and deserve the crap they get. But the team made a business decision to leave, one that a lot of others would make in their position so it is time to move on. Wasting time whining about the past is an utter waste of time.
                  I'm talking about this specific instance. They should be raked over the coals for making a guy move, then firing him after TC ends.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I'm talking about this specific instance. They should be raked over the coals for making a guy move, then firing him after TC ends.
                    I agree - if it was something like a layoff. But we don't know that is what it was. I find it hard to believe, even for the tone-deaf Spanos family, that they'd let the guy move and then fire him a month later.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Again, you are basing this on an assumption. I am sure some reporters have tried to get his take on why he was fired by the Evil Spanii, yet nothing has been sighted. He was fired, after 39 yrs and a relocation, so he has every reason to voice his displeasure....and nothing. Perhaps just maybe there was cause for the firing.

Comment

• Highboltage
                        Highboltage commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm starting to think there may have been a just cause and it's something he doesn't want made public and the Chargers can't legally disclose it.
                    • Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

He put the logos on the helmets wrong, nobody noticed except Fleet, word go out that Fleet mentioned it and boom 39 years gets flushed down the toilet ... ;-) ;-)

we should all take notice, don't piss off Fleet, he has some serious juice ...

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Did he relocate? He might have been told you have until the end of training camp to relocate or else. That happens in my business. You give a grace period and sometimes employees try to see if it is a bluff and don't follow through and then stuff like this unfortunately happens.

Alternatively, maybe Lynn wants to run things his way and he just didn't like the way this guy did his job or this guy refused to make changes. It happens. Lynn is responsible for the whole team now and he has the right to put his stamp on everything. If he didn't, the haters would say he is just an evil Spanos yes man.

At any rate, this will be interpreted as horrible, evil front office/ownership by Kevin Acee and former fans turned haters.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Bolt-O commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He did relocate to Mission Viejo. Maybe they fired him because of issues that occurred in the new locker room, or the backwards lighting bolts. Maybe he dissed the family dog. Anyway loyalty isn't valued much in today's workplace.

6025 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The only reasonable explanation is the backwards lightning bolts. From all accounts, his peers and players who knew him universally praised him and his 39 years speaks for itself. It was Wick who actually updated the throwback uniforms to correct specs, the 1994 versions that Sid Brooks put together were not quite right.

Some speculate he was the mole that told Kaplan about the Spanoses freaking out, but Bernie Wilson discounts that theory.

• Concudan
                          Concudan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I doubt the backwards bolts were the reason. I have seen them in other preseasons. I hope he got a severance package... But... who knows...
                      Working...
                      X