• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Charger fire Equipment Manager

After 39 years with the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers, the franchise decides to part ways with their equipment manager, Bob Wick.
    Bernie Wilson @berniewilson
    #Chargers waited until training camp ended to blow out equipment manager Bob Wick, who made move from SD. Was with team for 39 years.

Eric Weddle, a former Charger, who has clearly voiced his opinion about his disdain for the club took to twitter with his disappointment.

Later on, another former Charger, Antonio Cromartie was unhappy, and Weddle posted another response.

ANTONIO CROMARTIE @CRO31
    Replying to @weddlesbeard @randymac81
    Unreal not Bob the greatest guy ever. Always took care of us. All I can say is Wow
    "I never did one thing wrong. Never was late to a meeting. Never was fined. Never refused to do a charity function for them. Never didn't sacrifice," Weddle said. "I was a leader, a captain, an All-Pro. And they showed me the door. I'm as loyal as anyone and will do anything for people I respect. But if you don't give that back to me in return, you're dead to me. So I could never go back to that place after what they put me through."
    Ravens. After coming from an organization with zero loyalty, he lands with one of the best teams in the league in terms of camaraderie. He loves this organization and wholeheartedly believes in their principles. The love, the teammwork, the ferocity, all of it. The Ravens are a team known for their front office and their locker room brotherhood.
    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 08-26-2017, 08:13 PM.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Fuck Weddle....he talks like he was so damn innocent. If he ever learns to shut his mouth and stop complaining like a real man I will be surprised. I lost all respect for him for his crap management of his contract and not keeping it in-house. He is still butt hurt...cant resist throwing crap over the wall at every opportunity. Classless asshat.

whew that felt good!

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

39 years....well considering we dont know the reasons why its hard to read much into it. Guy must be well in his 60s. Might be retirement time anyway.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
        Humble Chargers Fan
        • May 2017
        • Golden Hill
        • Medical Devices Operations
        • Send PM

Yeah, the guy even sold his home in SD to move to LA. Total bummer.
        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Like I said before. I am sure he was an awesome guy; u don't last 39 years without being competent and a great guy. BUT, with many logos on backwards etc, perhaps things had started to really slip, he was given an opportunity to retire, he declined, and was then fired.

FUCK WEDDLE. The team paid you the highest money in the league and were roundly criticized at the time they did it. They showed more faith in you than you seem to realize. Then U acted like a petulant child during your last season. I am glad you are gone, stay in Baltimore you douchebag.

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

They should not have made him move to LA, let him sell his house and all, if they were not planning to keep him. That's a dick move. They knew they didn't want him and should have told him, but sadly, this is totally a Chargers move.

Not saying he should not have been fired, just saying this was handled poorly and without class.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
              Pointyearedog commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree with you, Dog! Really a bad move.
          • Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            They should not have made him move to LA, let him sell his house and all, if they were not planning to keep him. That's a dick move. They knew they didn't want him and should have told him, but sadly, this is totally a Chargers move.

Not saying he should not have been fired, just saying this was handled poorly and without class.
            That is a dick move.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

It doesn't make sense. Fire a guy after 39 years for one incident? Just don't offer him a job in LA if he's been underperforming for years. Let him retire in SD.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Panamamike commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe there was more than one incident. Perhaps the decline was relatively quick. We have no idea yet what caused the dismissal.
            • blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No word about why? Hmmm, seems if it was something straightforward it'd be public knowledge. Very curious about this.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Being fired is a private matter. Its not really our business. I dont hear why my coworkers were laid off...not sure why this would be any different.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hard to say anything about this as I'm sure we don't know the full story and what the final straw was. On paper, yes, it looks like a dick move but hard to comment without knowing all the details, which the public may never know.

As far as Weddle's comments go....let's just say he isn't the first ex-Charger to leave on poor terms and stay disgruntled. He certainly had his share of blame for how things ended but I think ultimately this still speaks more to the (mis)management of the franchise rather than a butthurt player.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                  X