Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

Show me your Manning face.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        What are you talking about, if they are trying to run clock they would take a knee, why risk a fumble?

That's sarcasm folks.
        Only when they decide to punt before running once, at least get your own position straight. Since you were on Twitter, did acee tweet that that moment was to big for McCoy with twitterees nodding?

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
          Show me your Manning face.

http://www.manningface.com/
          Oh wow, these are great!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• BoltBalls
              Always keep eye contact!
              • Jun 2013
              • SD!
              • Send PM

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                Only when they decide to punt before running once, at least get your own position straight. Since you were on Twitter, did acee tweet that that moment was to big for McCoy with twitterees nodding?
                I still don't understand what is so hard to understand.

3 conservative runs in that situation with the down and distance being what they were, you still think the idea was to drive down the field and score?

And I am being criticized for using twitter too, wth?
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  I still don't understand what is so hard to understand.

3 conservative runs in that situation with the down and distance being what they were, you still think the idea was to drive down the field and score?

And I am being criticized for using twitter too, wth?
                  Me neither. I don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend. You act like the idea was let's just punt, that's silly to me. What if the runs netted a first down? I agree it was conservative play calling, but disagree they conceded to punt before even running a play. You act as if 1st and 13 is impossible to make if you don't go all Andy Reid.

The twitter thing was not criticism of twitter, but your supporting your argument with everyone in twitter agrees logic. Well if everyone tweeting thought McCoy was wrong while it happened, I'm convinced!

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                      Me neither. I don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend. You act like the idea was let's just punt, that's silly to me. What if the runs netted a first down? I agree it was conservative play calling, but disagree they conceded to punt before even running a play. You act as if 1st and 13 is impossible to make if you don't go all Andy Reid.

The twitter thing was not criticism of twitter, but your supporting your argument with everyone in twitter agrees logic. Well if everyone tweeting thought McCoy was wrong while it happened, I'm convinced!
                      If the run netted a first down then that's great. But when your first and second down runs get stuffed because your opponent is expecting run and you run again on third and long and get stuffed again we both agree it is conservative. Why is it conservative? Because the plays they called were more about running clock then trying to get a first down. So what the heck does it even mean " I am acting like they conceded to punt before even running a play". We are saying the same thing so why are you trying to disagree?

I am not sure why citing other professional sports media opinions that are in agreement in mine when debating a topic is an object of criticism. During the debate I got a feeling, with several posters taking the opposite side of the argument against little old me, that their was a senitment being portrayed that I was off my rocker to criticize the foolishness of that approach. Its pretty crazy to me because clearly it was a foolish strategy precisely because it would leave ciny too much time and that is exactly what happened. They had plenty of time to get a FG and take the lead. That is an end of half fail.

Put it this way, if we pass on 3rd and 11 and it is incomplete the only difference is cincy has one more time out. So what, they get one shot at a hail mary before they attempt that FG? We are a great 3rd down team. I will give them one more time out for the chance to convert 100 times out of 100.
                      Last edited by BlazingBolt; 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

You said the strategy was to run three times and punt. I disagree with the and punt part. They were trying to get a first down. Ronnie browns 59yarder was a conservative run call as well, agree? The strategy at the end of the first half was not a fail. Cincinnati was held to a FG. Your strategy may have allowed them to score a td, is that out of the realm of possibilities? I said earlier, I was ok with McCoy going either way there, it's not the huge strategic error you want it to be. Not everyone on twitter is a professional media and even the pros aren't generally experts.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

When is that running play ever called on 3rd and 11 when the team is trying to drive the ball?

You may as well say a draw play on 3rd and 20 that a team is trying to get a first down.

We are saying the same thing. I don't see a disagreement.

We were on the 8 yard line, not the 1.

It was first and 13, not first and 20.

There was 2 minutes left and we had 2 timeouts.

I think we should have been trying to move the ball to either run the clock out and, possibly if we had some good gain, try to take the lead before half. The conservative strategy was, put it however want, perfectly fine going 3 and out in order run the clock. That was a bad idea.
                          Last edited by BlazingBolt; 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X