Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Farcical defense of blunders!!!
    No kidding. And somehow it would be a given that we'd even get a first down despite having a 1st and 13 at our own 8 yard line.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      Your point of view has been heard and examined. There is more than one way to skin a cat. You calling them "blunders" shows that you have an agenda, but more importantly is repudiated by the outcome of the game. I welcome an alternative viewpoint but it's clear you pretty dug in on an agenda you've been pumping for quite a while. I don't really care what you think is ridiculous but would urge you to consider being more respectful of views you don't agree with.
      Amen. I guess SOMEONE has to carry the "Agenda Torch" around here. Must be Blaze's 'leg'.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        No kidding. And somehow it would be a given that we'd even get a first down despite having a 1st and 13 at our own 8 yard line.
        And not a sack, strip-sack or pick 6.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          And what was the point of that? 1:30 with no timeout is still plenty of time to gift wrap your opponent a possession.

Which situation is better?

2 timeouts on the 8 yard line with 1:57 left

0 timeouts on the 32 with 1:30 left

I would take the first one personally, they are both about the same, but I certainly would not pass up the first one to give my opponent the second.
          Or, which situation is better:

0 timeouts at the 32 with 1:30 Left?

3 timeouts at the 35 with 1:40 Left?

I would prefer to give the opponent the first option and not the second.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

And what was the point of that? 1:30 with no timeout is still plenty of time to gift wrap your opponent a possession.

Which situation is better?

2 timeouts on the 8 yard line with 1:57 left

0 timeouts on the 32 with 1:30 left

I would take the first one personally, they are both about the same, but I certainly would not pass up the first one to give my opponent the second.

McCoy was very fortunate to get a great punt and good punt coverage but it was clearly a blunder unless his plan was to go in to half time down 3. We also got lucky the last catch that they ruled the defender knocked him out of bounds so the clock continued to run. If the clock stopped on that catch Cincy would have had a few shots to try and get a TD going in to the half.
            You're wasting a ton of bandwidth arguing something that's "about the same" as something else.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              You're wasting a ton of bandwidth arguing something that's "about the same" as something else.
              Yeah, I'm kind of perplexed by someone getting so amped about being down by 3 at halftime anyway. Unless you're playing like the '75 Steelers or '84 Bears, being down three is basically "tied" to me. JMO.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Personally, in that situation, I don't think it would have mattered to me much one way or the other, if they decided to go for the first (and more) or try to get the Bengals to use the timeouts. Its certainly no huge indictment on game management skills. McCoy isn't Andy Reid.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Yeah, running the ball on our final possession of the half, under 2 min left, in a tie game, gifting our opponent with a possession they used to take the lead, that was critical to set up the play action in the second half....

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

The farcical defense of McCoys blunders is astonishing.

Look he did a good job, we won the game. That doesn't mean you have to blindly and foolishly condone and defend his obvious mistakes.

McCoy has the heat of the moment and other stuff to help explain his mistakes but if your watching and were 100% on board thinking that was the right call your football iq could use some instruction.
                  Get over yourself. what you have is an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is no more valid than any other here.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I almost always say go for it. But when the ball is near midfield and you just got stuffed on third and short and the other team's offense can't seem to drive the length of the field and you are winning, then punt it.
                    However, the Whiz's play selection sucked. Balance that shit out. Don't go Andy Reid, but don't go Chuck Knox either - not when your QB is tearing up the fucking league. Don't cut off our balls.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Not really accurate since one was possession we had and and the second was a situation we gift wrapped for the opponent.

We passed up a good situation for our offense to give our opponent a good oppurtunity to score and take the lead which they did. I don't understand how anyone can justify doing that intentionally.

It was a poor decision and it backfired and it could have been even worse.

I get that no one wants to criticize anything about a coach who just won a playoff game but these type of poor decisions have cost is games this year and they are mistakes McCoy is still making.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                        Personally, in that situation, I don't think it would have mattered to me much one way or the other, if they decided to go for the first (and more) or try to get the Bengals to use the timeouts. Its certainly no huge indictment on game management skills. McCoy isn't Andy Reid.
                        I prefer the team try to get first downs or score TDs when they have the ball
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          Get over yourself. what you have is an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is no more valid than any other here.
                          Only my opinions are.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X