Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Where's stats when you need them? I'd like to see the down and distance stats at the goal line for running versus passing. I couldn't even guess which is more effective.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Where's stats when you need them? I'd like to see the down and distance stats at the goal line for running versus passing. I couldn't even guess which is more effective.
      The Bolts shouldve ran it but with the play they called.

They brought in McClain and Ronnie. Pretty much told the other team the play
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Yeah, I don't agree. It was sort of a Martyball approach but given a roster that was sorely lacking in guys with playoff experience and being on the road against a tough D in the elements, I think it was pretty savvy to go that route. it happened to work out. But if you believe Cincy was going to melt down anyway, what matter would it make whether they did it differently or not? Of course, it's worth noting that I don't believe in a strategy of waiting for your opponent to screw up. I kind of go into games assuming we'll get the opponent's best.

Against some other opponents, I doubt we would have pursued that same strategy. I kind of expect us to throw it around the yard this next week. We'll genuinely need to outscore the My Little Ponies and Neck Brace. Cincy was always going to be a grind-it-out kind of game. It was when we played them before. That's a thing to note and to like. We're capable of doing both. We'll wanna try and control the ball this week with the run, but Rivers is going to be going downfield a lot more because we'll need chunk plays.
        Conflicted much?
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Man, tough crowd. We won a road playoff game by 17 points. We ran the ball down their throats. The comments by the players after the game was very telling to me. Stop the run and they just knew that they could not beat us passing. And it worked to perfection. The runs in the first half contributed to us being able to wear them out late and there was no need to do anything risky.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            Conflicted much?
            Not at all. Might want to read what I wrote again. And not just the bolded parts.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              Not at all. Might want to read what I wrote again. And not just the bolded parts.
              Ok. Just read what you wrote first.
              sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I did. Even went back and re-read it just to be sure. Your turn.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Ok. Just read what you wrote first.
                  Now read what he wrote second
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

That's too much math!

HOCKKKKKKK!!!11!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Would you have been happier if we had pulled an Andy Reid and passed 70% of the time after taking the lead?
                      Who are you asking?

If you're asking me, fuck no! I prefer smashmouth football to all the flag football pussy footing that has become the rage lately. And I am a firm believer that late in the game with a lead, 'tis better to have run and lost than never to have run at all. The moment Charles was hurt I thought, shit, this is going to come back to bite the Chiefs at the end of the game if they have a lead and need to run the clock; but even without Charles and Knile Davis, Reid was an idiot not to lean on the running game. He was right not to fault his players in his presser because the fault was mostly his. And in contrast, I praise the Chargers gameplan on Sunday. The only thing I might have done differently in the 4th (besides going for it on 4th and inches, which might have been their intent before the delay of game) was **possibly** run a high percentage play action pass on 3rd down, something short to a TE or slanting WR or RB in the flat and guaranteed to stay in bounds. Even without picking up the first down we were forcing the Bengals to burn their timeouts and guaranteeing that if/when they get the ball back their young struggling QB would be pressing to go the length of the field twice in under 4 minutes. Brilliant situational playcalling!
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I am so glad McCoy is our coach and not the knee jerk arm chair coaches on this forum. Win by 17 on the road vs the best home team in the league this season. incredible. i do not, nor have I at any point this year, think that McCoy is conservative by nature. I think he lets the circumstances dictate what he does. I think he has done a great job. Second round of the playoffs with an injury riddled team from before the season started, where the consensus was we were battling for a top 5 draft choice. A lot of guys were coached up well over the course of the season. Excellent game planning for the most part.....control the clock, play to our strengths, and protect the ball. great plan when most games we are not the most talented team on the field.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

The only thing I would have like to have seen is a better looking fake on 4th down. Rivers has an excellent hard count. But the Bengals are pretty disciplined D, so you have to do something to fake them out and get them thinking too much.

I think you call for a measurement to get everyone together. Then call a jumbo formation with Gates and Green as the outside receviers. Come out of the huddle line up in the classic offset I, jumbo formation, then motion everyone to a spread. Cinci had used their timeout, I think there is a good chance one of their LB might panic and deliberately grab someone prensap, giving us a first down. If not, just let Rivers bark out the call, see if you can pull someone offside.

Comment

Working...
                          X