Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Everybody let me know when I can nuke this thread.
    Why? This is like the new Nate Kaeding thread!

Comment

LOL I could see that happening. Good call.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You gotta admire BlazingBolt, he sticks to his guns no matter what.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Never this will be the like PowderBlues Kaeding thread from TheNflForum.

Blazinbolt will be playing Powerslave in the production

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            Who else was not happy with 6 passes in the first half?

What the hell was with running 3 times after the butler strip? A three yard holding penalty on first down was too much to overcome? Why the hell didn't we try to score?

I would be pretty pissed about that stuff if we lost.
            This coaching staff likes to play it conservative and so far, it's worked out pretty well overall. We're just going to have to get used to that for now and let Weddle call the aggressive plays.

Comment

Den is nowhere near angry enough to pull that off. That, and I bet you'd have a very hard time convincing him to eat a turd dog. :laugh:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I thought McCoy or Whiz was too conservative at times. I didn't like giving the ball back to the Bengals a couple of those times in the 4th. I thought they should've gone on 4th and inches. I thought they should've tried to pick up a first on the other 3 an out by passing the ball once. An I hated the goal line call with McClain and Ronnie. There were certainly some frustrating moments on offense.

But I liked running it down their throats. I really like the middle huddle. And that first drive in the 3rd quarter was Rivers at his best. And letting Pagano blitz made the game a lot more fun to watch.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TABF
                  Por debajo del promedio
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoCal
                  • Send PM

So, we are playing with house money, (on borrowed time, )... If, our coaches make a huge mistake that costs us a playoff win, do they get a pass since we all know we were not supposed to be here in the first place?

There was one glaring item yesterday that had me pissed... 4th and inches on the good side of the 50 and we decided to PUNT. I thought we were waaaay to conservative there and thought we should have pounded the ball between the tackles there and got those few inches and essentially BROKE their will. That would have essentially ended the game. I understand that our D was playing tremendous at that point, but how many of us have seen that conservative pucker factor decision come back and bite us in the ass...? In the end it worked out and our D stepped up again, but why not instill our will on them and force them to stop us on 4th and inches. That would have BROKE them IMO.

All this being said, I would have given the coaches a pass if that drive ended up in points as I 100% support the house money theory.... I'm happy we have good reasons to post in here on yet another Monday.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Hard to argue about anything the coaches did wrong when we won by 17 on the road...

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think the key to this, for the coaches anyway, is consistency. Until we get a couple more horses in the O stable, we'll see a lot of that blasted conservative play calling. Kinda like what was Pags was doing before he got players back, can only do so much with what ya got - at least consistently so. And, it seems to be winning games of late.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I believe I asked you to nuke it after the Denver win and again after we made the playoffs

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Hard to argue about anything the coaches did wrong when we won by 17 on the road...
                          Seriously. And against probably the best D in the AFC.

Comment

Working...
                          X