Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
    As frustrating as this season has been, we have had a chance to win EVERY GAME so far. Rookie head coach with a bare roster littered with injuries and rookie starters.
    For those who cannot see the forest for the trees, here's a hint :uplol:

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      Nobody would be happy if the bolts lost the game. But clearly Blaze is even unhappier with the preceding press conferences and interviews on top of the losing.

People made such a big deal about how the previous regime spoke in public, about what's said and not said, and people also made a big deal about those same answers postgame and in interviews as THE sign of unaccountability. Well, why is it any different now?
      I don't think what we heard from Norv is even faintly close to what we are hearing from McCoy. Norv was thin skinned, defensive and regularly threw players under the bus. McCoy just gives boring cliches that don't say much. AJ was just a sarcastic dick while TT rarely is in the public and is courteous and professional in the rare times he does speak.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think Acee, Canepa and Posner say what they do just to get a reaction. Which they get. Acee has a whole new segment called "tweets Acee gets".
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          I think Acee, Canepa and Posner say what they do just to get a reaction. Which they get. Acee has a whole new segment called "tweets Acee gets".
          I don't. Acee was on the radio a week or so ago and went off on a bitch fest whining about not getting much from McCoy. They are clearly butt hurt about it.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            I don't. Acee was on the radio a week or so ago and went off on a bitch fest whining about not getting much from McCoy. They are clearly butt hurt about it.
            But see the radio station got you to tune in to listen to his 'bitchfest'
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Zot
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              And with the exception of Oakland, I would argue he's had them ready to play every week which one could definitively NOT say about Norv. Yesterday, they were beaten by a team that was far superior in the trenches and whose overall talent level is significantly higher. That's a playoff team, even with significant injuries on D and a middling QB. We lost by 7 and were never down by more than 10. Reading Canepa and some of the posters around here, you'd think it was a skullf*cking.

People, get some perspective. For the love of God or Vishnu or Papa Smurf. Pull it together.
              I'm not here to gather the villagers and light the torches. In fact even though I grade him harshly I support McCoy, but it was a skullfucking. Yea, we only lost by seven but realistically it was way worse than that. By the end they were in complete control. They were simply ramming it down our throats and there was nothing we could do to stop em. The telling thing about this game was the Victory formation in our stadium under the shadow of our own goal post...
              Last edited by Zot; 12-02-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

But see the radio station got you to tune in to listen to his 'bitchfest'
                Actually it didn't. I turned on the radio on the way to work just in time to hear it. I changed channels pretty quickly as the combo of Acee and Hacksaw is not very pleasant on the ears.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  Nobody would be happy if the bolts lost the game. But clearly Blaze is even unhappier with the preceding press conferences and interviews on top of the losing.

People made such a big deal about how the previous regime spoke in public, about what's said and not said, and people also made a big deal about those same answers postgame and in interviews as THE sign of unaccountability. Well, why is it any different now?
                  That's exactly why his answers are so vanilla. Everything a coach says gets parsed and analyzed for juicy content. Any ambiguities are inferred as some negative comment. He's simply not throwing out any red meat for the villagers, and they're acting like entitled bitches.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                    That's exactly why his answers are so vanilla. Everything a coach says gets parsed and analyzed for juicy content. Any ambiguities are inferred as some negative comment. He's simply not throwing out any red meat for the villagers, and they're acting like entitled bitches.
                    Exactly. Their ratings are down & their frustration is more than obvious. Expectations weren't very high with a new GM & a new head coach, and we're a mediocre 5-7. SP is gone, so no late-night partying stories. No DUI's to talk about. No champagne bottles. The Chargers are a very boring team.

What they need is more cowbell. More cowbell!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

That's real journalism. Kevin Acee is and should be part of the story. Because I'm interested in him. Really.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
                        I'm not here to gather the villagers and light the torches. In fact even though I grade him harshly I support McCoy, but it was a skullfucking. Yea, we only lost by seven but realistically it was way worse than that. By the end they were in complete control. They were simply ramming it down our throats and there was nothing we could do to stop em. The telling thing about this game was the Victory formation in our stadium under the shadow of our own goal post...
                        I agree with you that toward the end of the game they were having their way with our D. But this game was never but a big play or two away from a comeback. So I don't know where canepa got the word boat-raced, but it didn't apply. It wasn't a blowout. Cincy is a better team, but not so much better that if we played again we couldn't have stolen a W. We did have some moments. I don't think the complete control you speak of was because McCoy didn't have the team prepared to play or that the players weren't trying (as some of said without much evidence). I do see a persistent issue with the play of the secondary, but that doesn't appear to be coaching as much as it does cluelessness and (justifiable) lack of confidence. I don't believe McCoy or his staff coached Gates and Allen to use poor ball security or ordered them to fumble. Those plays just happened. Two of them occurred inside the opponent's 30. We should have easily had another 6 points. So, I just don't see where the coaching decisions or the game prep undermined us significantly in this game. You don't like the call on the penalty? OK. Maybe Wright should have done something to prevent a 50 yd gain on 3rd and 4. I think that has a lot more to do with the outcome than the decision McCoy made. Frankly, I don't get the point. At all.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

He has taken the Browns to the Super Bowl
                          3 times
                          Every day for the past 40 years

He is
                          The Most Interesting Head Coach In The World
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X