• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Line up & RUN IT!

Overall I love this offense. Ball control, destroy the clock and keep Rivers clean. But the play calling inside the 5 is just awful. I don't know if it's Rivers or Whiz but it needs to improve.
    I don't need to see Rivers running draw plays or rolling out or shuttle passes to Gates. Line up and RUN IT! SMASH IT IN THERE!

On a side note about the game. I don't know if I've ever heard so many stupid things come out of someone's mouth in such a short time, Steve Beuerlein is horrible.
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    Overall I love this offense. Ball control, destroy the clock and keep Rivers clean. But the play calling inside the 5 is just awful. I don't know if it's Rivers or Whiz but it needs to improve.
    I don't need to see Rivers running draw plays or rolling out or shuttle passes to Gates. Line up and RUN IT! SMASH IT IN THERE!

On a side note about the game. I don't know if I've ever heard so many stupid things come out of someone's mouth in such a short time, Steve Beuerlein is horrible.
    I had to listen to the game via I heart Radio, so it was Hank Bauer and some other guy. I really enjoyed them. I'd be tempted to listen to them even if the game were on in my area.
    sigpic

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

I hated our goal line offensive formations yesterday, but I assume they were part of 'that' game plan... We "spread it out" too much inside the 5 going in yesterday... I think we were empty on a few plays as well. And, agree, the QB draw is a horrible idea regardless who thought it up, whether it was by design or whether it was impromptu...

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

if mathews keeps playing well and holding onto the ball, he will earn the trust of the coaches. then he'll see more, if not all, goal line carries.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

With the early injuries to our Oline we didn't have a lot of options down at the goal line. We couldn't go to a jumbo package, we didn't have any jumbo guys left. I would have like to see Tutu and Greene and Gates all in at the same time, look foft he biggest size mismatch and throw a jump ball.
          sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That shovel pass to Gates was ridiculous. Rivers' apparent freelancing only slightly less so.

As for the shovel pass, did you guys see Heath Miller score on the exact same play later in the day? LOL

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Not sure why you guys are complaining about the passes. Both passes to Allen would of been TD's were it not for Tampa just fouling since there was no consequence. The reason Woodhead got that TD in the first half was because the defense has to account for him running a pattern as well so it can't sell out on run blitzing.

There's give and take for everything they do. They NEED to stay balanced.

In the past games when Woodhead tried to run it in, it was a blocking issue with Troutman missing his block on two seperate occasions that led to him getting stuffed.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I feel slightly better about the win now. I thought we played Jville, not Tampa.

;-)

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

I would have liked to see a QB sneak or fb/hb dive of some sort on that last play. If we really only had enough time for one more play, and we're inches from the end zone, don't get all cute with it. Shit, give it to McClain, somehow he manages to teleport right to the other side of the 1st down marker on his short runs that are apparently stopped in the backfield.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    We couldn't go to a jumbo package, we didn't have any jumbo guys left.
                    i've never seen us in a jumbo package, whether goalline or short yardage in any game this season. Both Mathews and McClain are hardly ever in on redzone plays either. very few and far between.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      I feel slightly better about the win now. I thought we played Jville, not Tampa.

;-)
                      Florida: 3-16. Ouch. And Miami started out 3-0.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Watching the Redzone channel allows you to see a lot of plays inside the 5 throughout the league, and I'm noticing LOTS of teams have trouble punching it in. It's not just the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                        X