• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    In the presser I listened to, McCoy hardly ripped Mathews. As I recall, he did say it was not a good move, have to understand situational football, the 'player' could have cost them the game, etc. But he didn't say Mathews would be benched, rant and rave, etc. He didn't call Mathews names or over react. He didn't act like Parcells or Ditka or Coughlin. I guess we all have our definitions of ripped.
    He went off on him a bit.

"I can't repeat what I said on the sideline yesterday," McCoy said Tuesday, via U-T San Diego. "It comes down to, that could have cost us the game."

"When you look at the big picture of things, of running out of bounds, and letting them not have to call a timeout or letting the clock run down, whatever their strategy was going to be there, well, that's a critical mistake," McCoy said. "And we can't have that because those are things that cost you in a close game like this. We were fortunate that it worked out all right. But you'd hate to look back on that situation.

"We won a game in Denver against Chicago when a guy ran out of bounds, and it gave us an opportunity to get the ball back and have more time to win a game. The player's got to learn from it. It's something you don't want to have happen, and they're going to make mistakes. But he's got to fall down in there and stay in bounds."

Thats a get your head out of your ass statement.

OIP, two Christmases ago, my wife bought me a case of Sriracha. I use it on everything and sometimes our local stores did not have it.
    I currently have 2 (28oz) bottles at home. 1 (28oz) at work as well as a 8 packets that I can take to lunch in case they dont have it. I use it at least once per day. I have a bunch of other ghost pepper, habanero and jalapeno sauces but I like the mix of sweet and spice from rooster sauce.

And where do you live that doesn't have it on store shelves? Every supermarket here has it. But I buy it at the Asian Market. Its much cheaper there.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Ghost pepper? Not brave enough.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        Ghost pepper? Not brave enough.
        I worked on a show about spicy food and had to find some to try it. Its hot, but I use very little and its got great flavor. The best heat though for me is sichuan. Its spicy but it numbs your mouth at the same time. The sichuan wings at Mission Chinese in SF are probably the perfect level of spice Ive had.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          I wanted the big NT, Dan Williams, that the Cardinals took at pick 26.

He's been just average. So, what I'm saying is I don't know jack about the draft.
          LOL

Point taken.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I worked on a show about spicy food and had to find some to try it. Its hot, but I use very little and its got great flavor. The best heat though for me is sichuan. Its spicy but it numbs your mouth at the same time. The sichuan wings at Mission Chinese in SF are probably the perfect level of spice Ive had.
            Sichuan is pretty awesome. In Japan it's sold as Sansho. It's kind of like a drug and a spice.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I miss the food/restaurant thread from the old board. I will note Mission Chinese. Best spicy Chinese in SD I've had is Spicy City.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I miss the food/restaurant thread from the old board. I will note Mission Chinese. Best spicy Chinese in SD I've had is Spicy City.
                Oh yes! Spicy City. Great place. Always very crowded.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  Oh yes! Spicy City. Great place. Always very crowded.
                  Not sure if crowded or tiny is the right description (probably both), but yes, great place. Hot and Sour soup, I may go today!

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

I don't. Whenever you guys have one of these discussions it just makes me hungry and home sick. :frown:
                    sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I currently have 2 (28oz) bottles at home. 1 (28oz) at work as well as a 8 packets that I can take to lunch in case they dont have it. I use it at least once per day. I have a bunch of other ghost pepper, habanero and jalapeno sauces but I like the mix of sweet and spice from rooster sauce.

And where do you live that doesn't have it on store shelves? Every supermarket here has it. But I buy it at the Asian Market. Its much cheaper there.
                      It is pretty common here now. Almost every store, even some discount stores carry it. But two years ago, I had to hunt to find it locally. And about 15 years when I first acquired the taste, it was impossible to find. I had to buy it from restaurants. Awesome stuff.

I had some chocolate infused with ghost peppers at a cooking show. The flavor is very good. But I would be afraid to each them plain or to eat very much of them. Suckers are hot.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If you go to Mission Chinese get there early before the crowd. It can be a long wait. The awning even has a different name because it started a few years ago as a restaurant within another restaurant. Now he's opened one in NY and Paris soon.

I'll have to try Spicy City next time I'm in town.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It is pretty common here now. Almost every store, even some discount stores carry it. But two years ago, I had to hunt to find it locally. And about 15 years when I first acquired the taste, it was impossible to find. I had to buy it from restaurants. Awesome stuff.
                          Ah gotcha. Yeah, when I moved to Colorado it wasn't on supermarket shelves but I shop at Asian markets because the produce is better quality, more variety and more for cheaper. Plus I make a lot of Asian soups and they're the only place with the ingredients. And they have a huge selection of msg
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X