Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    I am making the assumption that the Cowboys are intelligent enough to manage the clock on their game winning drive at least to some degree. As good as our offense has been, I certainly wouldn't expect a TD in under a minute (after they scored) against a good Cowboys defense on an ensuing drive starting from at or near our own 20. Even a game equalizing FG would be a challenge.
    I believe the problem here is you take yourself so seriously you know not when not to take others seriously.
    Adipose

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Don't do what Donny Don't does.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Down.
        As non-clutch has Rivers and gang have been on the offense, I'll take them over the efense.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          Interesting question.

With the relative strengths of the offense (considerable) and the defense (none), I would trust the offense to win the game much more so than the defense, so I would say that it would be better to be down 4 with 3 minutes left and the ball. With 3 minutes left, timeouts and field position are largely irrelevant as long as they are the same for both sides of the comparison (e.g., Cowboys ball on their own 20 versus our ball on our own 20).

Uniquely, I would come closer (not saying I would) to changing my view and trusting the defense if the Cowboys were down 3 versus being down 4. My thinking is that a three down stop in our territory could cause the Cowboys to kick the game equalizing FG and then we would have a chance to win the game in OT (if we won the coin toss). But if it is TD or bust and the Cowboys are going to use 4 downs no matter what, I do not trust our defense at all.
          Considering the new OT rules the cion flip is much less relivent when your defence is a siv.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
          X