Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
    and more

#Chargers announce they've signed G Forrest Lamp, DB Desmond King, OT Sam Tevi and DL Isaac Rochell to four-year deals Thursday.
    You know how to post tweets right?

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Williams financial situation prior to the draft was the opposite of Bosa. Bosa comes from wealth while Mike could have been ready to take whatever they offered him structure wise. From what ive read things were sort of rough in his small town of 150 or so. Good for him. I hope he and his family can have some fun. They deserve it.

Bottomline though that Bosa situation cursed them bad last year. Complete PR nightmare. They really couldn't survive something like that again in a new city.
        Mike Williams appears to be a very humble kid, this just shows it, especially since both he and Bosa are represented by Tom Condon. Bosa was every bit deserving of the 1.5 million difference which was holding up talks but at the end of the day he was still getting it, just in the 2nd year. I love Bosa and all but it appears more than likely he's going to split as soon as his contract is up to chase the most money. Maybe in that time it'll be us given we'll either be in a rookie QB contract, or (praying not to be) in QB flux looking for one

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Mike Williams appears to be a very humble kid, this just shows it, especially since both he and Bosa are represented by Tom Condon. Bosa was every bit deserving of the 1.5 million difference which was holding up talks but at the end of the day he was still getting it, just in the 2nd year. I love Bosa and all but it appears more than likely he's going to split as soon as his contract is up to chase the most money. Maybe in that time it'll be us given we'll either be in a rookie QB contract, or (praying not to be) in QB flux looking for one
          Ive always said we will need to draft his brother Nick to keep Joey here long term. lol But hopefully the 5th year option and a couple years on the tag will milk him for all he has in his prime. 20 years old when we drafted him though he is very young. He may love LA and the lifestyle. I have to think that by them the resentment will have blown over. Hopefully we are winning and hes the captain of this team. That would help.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Thank god we don't have to deal with that drama this year. Looks like Feeney and Jenkins are the only ones left to sign.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2017
              • Send PM

You know how to post tweets right?
              I keep trying to but it ends up looking like this

{tweet} text {tweet}

I've been clicking on the advanced button, inserting the twitter icon but nothing happens

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2017
                • Send PM

Ive always said we will need to draft his brother Nick to keep Joey here long term. lol But hopefully the 5th year option and a couple years on the tag will milk him for all he has in his prime. 20 years old when we drafted him though he is very young. He may love LA and the lifestyle. I have to think that by them the resentment will have blown over. Hopefully we are winning and hes the captain of this team. That would help.
                I believe this will have a lot to do with it, or if he's just destroying the league and LA is the best option for his legacy

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Send PM

Mike Williams officially signed his contract Thursday afternoon.
                  Friday morning, he’ll take the field for the first time as a Los Angeles Charger during the team’s rookie mini camp.
                  As he walked over to his new locker, the seventh overall pick in the NFL Draft simply shook his head and smiled.
                  “I’m excited to get out there,” he said, nodding toward the practice field. “It’s crazy just knowing where I came from.
                  I worked so hard just to get to this point, so it’s exciting to sign and officially be a Charger. To be part of an NFL team is something I’ve always dreamed of.”

Williams’ locker couldn’t be situated in a more ideal location.
                  Directly to his left is Jason Verrett, the Bolts’ 2014 first-round pick who already has one Pro Bowl appearance under his belt. A few feet away is Melvin Gordon, the team’s 2015 first-rounder who is fresh off his first Pro Bowl honor. Then around the corner is Joey Bosa, last year’s first-round pick who is the league’s reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year.

The wide receiver knows a lot is expected out of him after that trio set such a high standard. As such, he plans to pick their brains as much as possible.
                  “Those guys have made a lot of plays. They’re some of the best in the league. Just to be surrounded by them is exciting. I’ll most definitely be talking to them. You have to learn from the guys who have been through it (in my shoes). Bosa was the first round pick last year, so he knows what it takes to go out there as a rookie and (succeed). It’s going to be exciting to meet all those guys and see how they do it.”

When they were rookies, Bosa and Gordon spoke about having some nerves before taking the field for the first time. However, Williams has no trepidations. In fact, he’s determined to make it feel like any other practice.
                  “I’m just going to go out there and have fun. At the end of the day it’s still football. I’ve been playing this game for a long time. I’ll keep doing what I’ve been doing since I was a little kid, and that’s have fun and enjoy the game. Just make everybody around me better. The last week has been crazy, and it’s been a great experience. I can’t wait to just get out there.”
                  It does help that he has a familiar face not only on the team, but in his position group. The Bolts added fellow Clemson wide receiver Artavis Scott as an undrafted free agent, which Williams notes adds an important layer of comfort.
                  “That’s great. It’s been something we’ve talked about ever since he got the call from the Chargers and told me he’d be in LA with me. It’s going to be great. He’s my roommate out here. We’re going to study together, and we’ll go out there and have some fun.”

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I believe this will have a lot to do with it, or if he's just destroying the league and LA is the best option for his legacy
                    Imagine JJ Watt in LA? He would be on all the talk shows routinely most likely. He would be treated like a God in that city. He may like that. Then again hes sort of a social outcast so he may not. But i think it could help him come out of his anxiety shell.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Tijuana
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                      great, now the board's going to be slow this offseason with no holdout to bitch about.
                      Way to go M.Williams.
                      :whatever:
                      There's always Ingram's Franchise Tag

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2017
                        • Send PM

Mike Williams was #7 pick of '17 draft, 7th Clemson WR or TE taken in 1st RD, 7th highest pick in Clemson history, wore #7 for the Tigers
                        Last edited by bolts4lyfe; 05-11-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
                          There's always Ingram's Franchise Tag
                          Oh yeah.
                          :whew:

Comment

Working...
                          X