Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
    I have always thought (and even stated it on this board) that if the Chargers start strong and are in contention, a lot of the angry SD fan base will jump back on board. I think the draw of a team that has been so bad for so long and suddenly playing well will be too big to resist for some (not all) of the disgruntled fan base.

I would welcome them all back with open arms...
    I'm not angry, more like apathetic. I have always had a lot of varied interests and hobbies and tend to spend more time on the ones that bring the most joy or at cause the least frustration. I have little tolerance for stupid people taking the fun out of my life ��
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Here's some hype.....8th best Offense in 2017

Le'Veon Bell, Tom Brady and Julio Jones are key cogs in three of the most explosive offenses in the NFL today. Which attack reigns supreme? Chris Wesseling ranks the league's top 10 units.
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

With the OL fixes, not sure I'd call that hype.

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

The Chargers would have gotten the same amount of hype if they were still in San Diego. What I heard from almost all of the draft critics was that they were just glad to see the team finally getting Rivers some help with the first three picks.

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Personally, living in South Florida, I have heard an increase in "love" by the East Coast Media for the LA Chargers over what they mentioned for the past 10+ years. Their seems to be not only a competition for the AFC West but for Southern California, specifically, LA. The Raiders are "fading" into Las Vegas and out of Los Angeles so not only do I hear more about the Chargers, it "all" is positive. Bosa, Rivers, NFL Draft, Playoffs, Division contender, is all discussed in a positive light "which is not the norm" for East Coast Media.....................

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
              Personally, living in South Florida, I have heard an increase in "love" by the East Coast Media for the LA Chargers over what they mentioned for the past 10+ years. Their seems to be not only a competition for the AFC West but for Southern California, specifically, LA. The Raiders are "fading" into Las Vegas and out of Los Angeles so not only do I hear more about the Chargers, it "all" is positive. Bosa, Rivers, NFL Draft, Playoffs, Division contender, is all discussed in a positive light "which is not the norm" for East Coast Media.....................
              I would think the Raiders fanbase is ecstatic. No more 6 hour drive up north. And now they can drive 3 hours and be in Vegas
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Asela
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                I have always been critical of Tommy T's drafts but I thought this was a very sound draft. I have no clue how this head coach will be but he has 2 outstanding coordinators.
                Agreed but still I'm on wait and see with Mike Williams. That's the only pick I really had issue with. Lynn is in the same boat.

The real question and biggest issue that will determine their success will be mitigating injuries and keeping players on the field and effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2017
                  • Send PM

I listen to NFL.com's podcasts because I have found 1360 and Mighty 1090 stations wearing thin, (bunch of trolls) Still looking for a decent LA radio show.

Dave Dameshek, Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Greg Rosenthal, Chris Wessling, (in addition to sub in's) Cynthia Freeland, Colleen Wolfe, Lindsay Rhodes.

NFL Network Broadcasts: NFL AM, Total Access, up to the minute

Have all complimented the Chargers this early off season, All have the team the team to win AFC West, some suggested they have a strong chance to compete in division title game. Now granted this is an LA based NFL owned company so they may be coached to talk up the team for a fan base. But all of them have sold their reasoning's very well how they are close to competing for greatness

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Yeah the NFL Network has been all over the Chargers in a good way. Yesterday Jeff Saturday was gushing over the draft and how Rivers should really benefit. Curtis Conway thought we had the best draft overall. I think he may be a Bolt fan though. TT, MW and Kyle Emmanuel have all been guests in the past week or so.

Comment

• Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                      I listen to NFL.com's podcasts because I have found 1360 and Mighty 1090 stations wearing thin, (bunch of trolls) Still looking for a decent LA radio show.

Dave Dameshek, Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah, Greg Rosenthal, Chris Wessling, (in addition to sub in's) Cynthia Freeland, Colleen Wolfe, Lindsay Rhodes.

NFL Network Broadcasts: NFL AM, Total Access, up to the minute

Have all complimented the Chargers this early off season, All have the team the team to win AFC West, some suggested they have a strong chance to compete in division title game. Now granted this is an LA based NFL owned company so they may be coached to talk up the team for a fan base. But all of them have sold their reasoning's very well how they are close to competing for greatness

This is what I am talking about. It seems to me the large majority of people talking up the Chargers seems to work for the NFL Network, which is based in LA

Comment

• whookimane
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I don't think the hype stems from the fact that the team moved to LA. I think realistically this is a team and a roster that isn't nearly as bad as there record and people recognize that. The team really should have been about 500 last yr if not for unbelievable meltdowns. Now add 2 Elite Players (Keenan Allen, Jason Verrett) and 2 more players capable of being impact players (Mike Williams, Forrest Lamp) while losing nobody of significance to the lineup and this "5-11" team suddenly looks like a team that can compete with anyone in the AFC outside of NE.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X