• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Very Frustrated, but.......

It is hard watching us lose games like this, but if you were to get past all the disapointments you can see the following positives about this team.

1. We haven't been blown out, we have been in the lead in all the games played.

2. Offensive line together only 2 complete games with Fluker out against the Titans.

3. Philip River shows that he can get the ball where it needs to be no matter who the recievers are on this team. With that being said Vincent Brown needs to step up and we need Larduis Green on the field more.

4. The defense is horrible, but yet we've been in every game and not blown away. I suspect the D will improve with Butler and Teo. As much as Bird has been in on tackles he is chasing the play, Teo I believe will read the play and attack. For us not getting the sacks on the QB or consistent pressure puts a burden on the CB's. I think Wright will improve as the season progresses and hopefuly Cox plays to the ability that we know he has. The same for Reyes and Leguit they need to play up to their abilities.

5. Looking at all the injuries as whole and lack of depth, we been in all these games. Coaches have to coach up more to win these games.

Yeah very fustrating, but look at the Giants, Redskins, Steeler and Jaguars, all defeats leave you fustrated, but we are competing.
  • Big Dog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Exactly.

Last edited by Big Dog; 09-23-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's a process. Not gonna be champs overnight. I understand the frustration and passion of our fans, but the "seething rage" (stolen from BKR) is out of place. We're gonna take our lumps this year. Hopefully one day we can look back and say it was worth it. I for one am gonna stop micro-analyzing every play/move/game and let the bigger picture materialize. And it will take more than a year. So be it.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blahblahblah
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

4 years of bad drafts. FA busts or complete inactivity. Letting good players go for nothing.

Ignore the roster. Ignore last year. Just look at those three facts and let that set expectations. This is not a deep or talented roster, and it's not going to be for at least another year. So far I like Fluker, much more than English, Davis, Mathews, Mouton, Hester, etc. Will see about the rest of the draft class.

Comment

• BoltBalls
          Always keep eye contact!
          • Jun 2013
          • SD!
          • Send PM

Agreed with all what was said here. I never expected a world of improvement this year and it was a given that we would lose a fair share of games with a thin roster and rookie coach. However there are positives to build on and I think the team can improve especially with the younger players. I'm just hoping that our guys can heal up and stay healthy and we may be able to steal some more wins.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

I'm only mad at the level of ineptitude on defense, the rest of the team I'm pretty happy with considering. Canepa said this has been the worst secondary he's ever seen from a Chargers team so far. The dline hasn't been much better. I do think the secondary can get better, it's the play of our starting dlinemen that has me worried.
            Last edited by Guy Lombardo; 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
              I'm only mad at the level of ineptitude on defense, the rest of the team I'm pretty happy with considering. Canepa said this has been the worst secondary he's ever seen from a Chargers team so far. The dline hasn't been much better. I do think the secondary can get better, it's the play of our starting dlinemen that has me worried.
              I think the majority of us before the regular season started would agree we've got talented starters at most spots on the D but shit for depth. With me so far?

If you have shit for depth, the DL rotation is not going to work, and so the production of the starters will not be as consistently high as would be expected if they were kept fresh. Disagree?

If you have shit for depth, losing 3 defensive starters (Wright, Te'o, Butler) is a major hurdle to overcome, as the backups can't be relied on to play competently and therefore the whole defense will have to compensate and will seldom be as effective. It's hard to win with smoke and mirrors and people playing out of position to cover up gaping holes. Agreed?

If you have shit for depth, are compensating for gaping holes caused by injuries by playing people out of position, and can't keep your front seven fresh with a proper rotation, your pass rush is going to suffer big time, especially against mobile QBs. And without decent pressure on the QB, even the best secondaries (which we don't have) get ripped to shred. Is there any part of this that isn't right?

Therefore, I can't see why we're pissed off and calling for coach's heads and acting as if none of this was expected. This is not a surprise. This is what happens when there is no depth. We're going to suffer a lot of growing pains, mostly on defense, this year, but we will come out stronger and next year (hopefully) we'll have depth and have been galvanized by this year's experience.

It's a process. And while it will be frustrating at times (perhaps most of the time) I for one am encouraged by what I'm seeing.
              Adipose

Comment

Working...
              X