• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Need to blow up the defense and start over

Worst d I have ever watched. Only we can make Jake locker look like Payton Manning. Wait till we play the donkeys... It is going to be brutal. I can seriously not think of one defensive player that has played well this year. None of them.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Melvin Ingram please don't come back this year just get healthy for the 2014 season. Where is Reyes & Leguit? Yeah looks like we need help at every postion. Eric Weddle needs to make some palys!

Comment

• Buck
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Weren't we saying, "at least we have a good defense" to start the season?

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
        Weren't we saying, "at least we have a good defense" to start the season?
        yes, they were suppose to be our new "core". Young, up and coming defense.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No interior pressure at all. Same guys less the veteran NTs. That new CB had no chance.

Comment

• longhorn
            SD NOT LA Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

adai > gilchrist

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I know we're banged up at LB, but Reyes and Liuget just haven't been getting any real pressure.

Is it poor play, or is there something about the scheme?

They still only gave up twenty points today. No turnovers though.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Liuget seems to be injured much more than has been let on. He has done nothing and I still see him with his shoulder wrapped every week. I suspect he may be trying to play through a partially torn rotator cuff (aka the dwight howard injury this past season). He has been a non factor for 3 games now. Reyes has been invisible as well. These two guys were supposed to carry the D.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The whole defense just seems a half step slow. Would any of our corners even have a roster spot on another team?
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

They only gave 20 points because the Titans offense is crap. The way this team was built was the defense was going to be a our strength. The offense is holding up it's end of the bargain. We don't have the pieces in place to win shootout after shootout. The play by this defense puts every assumption we had upside down. Frankly, I don't even know how we build this team going forward, because a massive portion of our drafting is on this defense right now and it's horrible.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      I know we're banged up at LB, but Reyes and Liuget just haven't been getting any real pressure.

Is it poor play, or is there something about the scheme?

They still only gave up twenty points today. No turnovers though.
                      They were lucky to only give up 20. There was a missed FG and they had bad field position for most of the game. Plus we committed PI in the end zone twice on two separate drives and had no calls against us for those plays.

No, it is not the scheme. It is the players.

Maybe someday, someone will realize that "pressures" don't mean anything other than that the QB simply resets his feet and then completes the pass. I hope this educates some people about how mostly worthless that stat is.

The fact is that we have almost zero pass rush, we can't stop the run, we can't defend the pass and we can't force turnovers. We are truly bad at absolutely everything on defense. This is the same DC that coached the #9 ranked defense last year, which yielded 20 or less points 10 times. It definitely is not the DC. Telesco ruined this unit this offseason.

Comment

• Boltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                        ... Telesco ruined this unit this offseason.
                        How? I agree the unit is as bad as I have ever seen. No doubt. But how did Telesco "ruin" the unit?

Comment

Working...
                        X