• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Yea i think we go OL or D....but i wouldn't be shocked if TT took advantage of Rivers by giving him an elite type play-maker at WR. However im all for signing DX again. I think he would be a nice addition. We have a good WR core but i think Rivers really makes them look better than they are. A deep threat just makes this offense deadlier.

Again im not saying its what we should do...but with the NFL being so offensive minded now i could see it happening. Theres really only a couple WRs anyways that fit the profile. RB is out of the question in the 1st.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Best Player available.

We have holes everywhere, except quarterback.

If it's a lineman, fine. If it's a pass rusher, fine. If it's a corner, fine. I could even talk myself into a playmaking WR if we address the other positions with multiple picks (bodies).
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bordious
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Haleiwa, HI
        • Send PM

I know these power rankings are BS, but we dropped one spot after last week on Yahoo while Dallas stays? We beat them with a depleted line and stopped them from scoring in the second half with our horrible offense. I don't even know if some of these sports writers watch all the games of even the highlights.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Maybe we can draft someone who turns out as good as Vincent Jackson. That was an awesome move by the previous regime.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            yahoo
            20. San Diego Chargers (2-2, LW: 19)
            Philip Rivers is back. That makes the Chargers competitive. The defense is still pretty bad, though.

espn
            17. Chargers
            Last Week: 19 Philip Rivers connected on nine of 11 throws deeper than 10 yards downfield for three touchdowns Sunday. Four Chargers had multiple catches on those throws, something the team never did last year.

cbssports
            17 Chargers Philip Rivers showed against the Cowboys why he is still a top-level quarterback. It's amazing what he does with no weapons.
            No weapons? I think Gates is a pretty damn good weapon. Woodhead, Royal, Allen and Brown all seem pretty serviceable. Floyd's very good when healthy. Even Mathews can make a play from time to time.

Comment

• BoltBalls
              Always keep eye contact!
              • Jun 2013
              • SD!
              • Send PM

We still have Ladarius Green waiting in the wings and Keenan Allen is already beginning to break out. I think WR is pretty set myself, I would rather focus on defense or OL in the first couple rounds for next year's draft. JMO

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                No weapons? I think Gates is a pretty damn good weapon. Woodhead, Royal, Allen and Brown all seem pretty serviceable. Floyd's very good when healthy. Even Mathews can make a play from time to time.
                Come on man...how many of those listed are in the same league as say Marshawn Lynch or Anquan Boldin?
                sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                  Come on man...how many of those listed are in the same league as say Marshawn Lynch or Anquan Boldin?
                  One. But why do they have to be? "Weapons" doesn't necessarily have to mean Pro Bowlers.

Comment

• Buck
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Found this on CP, hence the colors. It's a nice aggregate of our Power Rankings. Looks like we're pretty much ranked middle of the road statistically and opinion based.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                      Maybe we can draft someone who turns out as good as Vincent Jackhole, but comes with a brain. That was an awesome move by the previous regime.
                      Fixed it for ya.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        One. But why do they have to be? "Weapons" doesn't necessarily have to mean Pro Bowlers.
                        No, but do any of the Chargers you listed actually strike fear into the hearts of opponents?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Our offense would be so much more potent with DX vs. Brown :Cheers1: He really was the whole package.

Comment

Working...
                          X