• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    We just lost all our players prior to the season started. We already took our lumps
    History suggests otherwise. But I salute your optimism.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      I like him because he's helped knock Peyton Manning out of the post season a few times.
      I hate him because he's not helped stop Peyton's sister's team from winning Super Bowls.
      I like him because he helped win me my best bet in Super Bowl history against the Rams.
      I hate him because he cheats.
      I like him because he was involved in the Tuck Rule game. Eff the Raiders.
      I hate him because his team has knocked us out of the post season twice - probably by cheating.
      What turned me against him was back in 2005, when the Patriots hadn't lost at home in over 1000 days, and we went in there and beat the shit out of them (Turner at the end was just running over their guys). After the game in the press conference, Marty gets asked a question along the lines of, "Can you comment on the fact that you guys beat them like a red-headed step child?" His response couldn't have been more magnanimous, in which he said it was only one game, they're still the defending Super Bowl Champions (they haven't won one since, ha ha ha), and they were missing a lot of guys due to injury, yada yada.

Brady comes out the next day and BLASTS Marty, saying that he has no right to talk about their team and that his comments about them being short-handed due to injury was disrespectful to the guys who were playing. I've despised him ever since.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
        What turned me against him was back in 2005, when the Patriots hadn't lost at home in over 1000 days, and we went in there and beat the shit out of them (Turner at the end was just running over their guys). After the game in the press conference, Marty gets asked a question along the lines of, "Can you comment on the fact that you guys beat them like a red-headed step child?" His response couldn't have been more magnanimous, in which he said it was only one game, they're still the defending Super Bowl Champions (they haven't won one since, ha ha ha), and they were missing a lot of guys due to injury, yada yada.

Brady comes out the next day and BLASTS Marty, saying that he has no right to talk about their team and that his comments about them being short-handed due to injury was disrespectful to the guys who were playing. I've despised him ever since.
        Yup, me too.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Wish we were playing them this year.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Most power rankings drop the Chargers 2 or 3 spots to around 18. Most have the Jets passing the Chargers too, so take that for what its worth.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Its time to move

Up these power rankings!!!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Its time to move

Up these power rankings!!!
                Time to tickle me Elmo
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

yahoo
                  20. San Diego Chargers (2-2, LW: 19)
                  Philip Rivers is back. That makes the Chargers competitive. The defense is still pretty bad, though.

espn
                  17. Chargers
                  Last Week: 19 Philip Rivers connected on nine of 11 throws deeper than 10 yards downfield for three touchdowns Sunday. Four Chargers had multiple catches on those throws, something the team never did last year.

cbssports
                  17 Chargers Philip Rivers showed against the Cowboys why he is still a top-level quarterback. It's amazing what he does with no weapons.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I know we need help at OL and on Defense. Clearly we do and im all for a LT or Pass Rusher etc. But would TT use a first rounder on a playmaking offensive weapon? Like Marquise Lee or Mike Evans? I remember Atlanta needing a lot of things and they traded up for Julio. And when that happened that offense really took off.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I know we need help at OL and on Defense. Clearly we do and im all for a LT or Pass Rusher etc. But would TT use a first rounder on a playmaking offensive weapon? Like Marquise Lee or Mike Evans? I remember Atlanta needing a lot of things and they traded up for Julio. And when that happened that offense really took off.
                      If he dipped into FA - for a quality player on the OL or DL or OLB - then I would be all for it. Then we could concentrate on the other two areas that hadn't already been addressed in the rest of the draft.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        I think the team could use early round help everywhere but QB and possibly TE. I would be ok with an impact player at any other position, including WR. Would be disappointed if they drafted a RB in the first though.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

I don't see us going with a WR. We still have green we aren't even using. Gotta be D or O line.

Comment

Working...
                          X