Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
    Excuses are for those who need them.

Agree, 100% Hoarse.
    I normally agree with such a sentiment but that was truly a horrible, meaningless flag.

And the defense did make a play, that's why they had held them to a FG attempt in the first place. Well I think that's the play Foster dropped the pass on 3rd down but you know what I mean.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Its about moral when your drained. That took the wind out of their sales. How will McCoy respond is the important factor.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Its about moral when your drained. That took the wind out of their sales. How will McCoy respond is the important factor.
        Yeah, the concessions reported a BIG drop in sales after that call. It's immoral, I tell ya.

Comment

• Boltdog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Lunar Surface
          • Nutrition Consultant
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          Bullshit thread.
          And a BS post.

Even Dilfer at the time strongly questioned the call and now the NFL agrees with McCoy, fans, and media. Chargers D made a big stop on 3rd down there, forced a FG and a significant swing in momentum was underway. Refs immediately turned back the momentum with a ridiculous call and forced a tired D back on the field.

This is a young Chargers team learning to win again--I give them credit for making plays to get in front as they did, and knowing that an experienced playoff team like HOU would make a big run in the 2nd Half. A relatively new Bolts team at this point can't afford to have a stupid refs call push the game back in Texans' favor. HOU barely won by 3 points, so this was NOT the "domination" that some here see it. If the FG had been good as it was supposed to be, the following offensive play calls by SD might have led to a different result, and taken more time off the clock, and gave our D a time to catch their breath. In the first game of the season against a playoff contender with a defense still jelling, a blown refs call at that point was HUGE...
          Last edited by Boltdog; 09-11-2013, 07:54 PM.
          Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

This is not a bs post. That was the play of the game. We went from two scores up to one score up with one bad call. That's an extra 80 yards of offense Hou didn't have to get. that's a risky play Rivers doesn't have to make.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Zot
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              I normally agree with such a sentiment but that was truly a horrible, meaningless flag.

And the defense did make a play, that's why they had held them to a FG attempt in the first place. Well I think that's the play Foster dropped the pass on 3rd down but you know what I mean.
              Alright...again, I haven't seen the game.

So maybe I should be all over the "we got screwed!" position. Can't do it though. Reading about giving up two third and longs, a fake punt and dropping two clinchers...I think we folded more than got screwed and believe that fundamentally, the team still has to find the heart to win again.

Comment

Working...
              X