X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bold Predictions for 2017

I think this could be the year Phillip actually gets injured or put on IR very early into the season. I think the distractions will take their toll and these players, ( that couldn't even handle the San Diego Gaslamp nightlife) will end up plenty injured all over the field. I see no reason to believe they will figure out their injury situation moving into a way more distracting market.

I hate to see Phillip go out that way, I dont think his foot will see a blade of grass as a player at that new stadium. Sucks he will go out playing in a shit hole like Stubhub, but that's called cause and effect for your actions and you reap what you sew.

Also appears the Charger PR staff including head boss Bill Johnston will not be making the trek to LA and is stepping down. He has 37 years under his belt, pretty amazing to see how many lives these assholes have changed/destroyed.

Bold Prediction:

Rivers hurt some point in first 5 games, team goes 4-12.

Off-season Bold Prediction: Rivers, Gates both retire after 2017 season. Throw out first pitches at Petco for Padres 2018 season.
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

I actually think things will somehow will fall in its place, the intimacy ambient the temporary stadium will provide will energize the players game somehow, by midseason the bandwagon fans from LA will flood that stadium. I honestly predict a Conference Final and with some luck a SB appeareance. No, Im not joking, this is what I think it will happen.

(My prediction is based on: the small boutique stadium, the new HC, and that the roster is almost complete... if Telesco does half of the job he is supposed to do then my prediction will happen).

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I think the talent is there and the team goes 10-6. McLoser and associates out and real coaches in. Works wonders every time.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Yeah I think 10-6 or even 11-5 is possible. If they add Hooker at safety and resign Melvin the D is gonna be good

Upgrades to the Oline are needed but Rivers has Melvin, Woody and Oliver In the backfield and Henry, Gates, Keenan, Tyrell and Benjamin running routes
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

7-9
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Yeah I think 10-6 or even 11-5 is possible. If they add Hooker at safety and resign Melvin the D is gonna be good

Upgrades to the Oline are needed but Rivers has Melvin, Woody and Oliver In the backfield and Henry, Gates, Keenan, Tyrell and Benjamin running routes
            Woodhead is a FA. Last year was his Contract year and he indicated in preseason he was looking for a multi year deal. He's missed 2 of 4 years in SD injured, so I don't see Spanii breaking the bank to bring him back. I think it's Oliver time as the backup, and with Gordon breaking out as a receiving threat last year and new HC that likes to pound it, Woody is a luxury we probably can't afford. Farrow looks like a keeper too.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

They'll win the Super Bowl. I have no doubt.

That's San Diego, for you.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

The San Diego jinx is lifted, team goes entire season with no major injury to a key player. Bolts leave the gates fast and cruise to easy playoff berth and 11-5 record.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  I actually think things will somehow will fall in its place, the intimacy ambient the temporary stadium will provide will energize the players game somehow, by midseason the bandwagon fans from LA will flood that stadium. I honestly predict a Conference Final and with some luck a SB appeareance. No, Im not joking, this is what I think it will happen.

(My prediction is based on: the small boutique stadium, the new HC, and that the roster is almost complete... if Telesco does half of the job he is supposed to do then my prediction will happen).
                  With less than 30,00 fans, there won't be much ambiance for an NFL game. That's less than half a normal crowd. Plus, a majority of fans will be for the opposition( Raiders fans will of course fill the place) so the Bolts will have ZERO home field advantage the next 2 years.
                  And I imagine Philip Rivers will continue to be just good enough to get the Chargers beat more frequently than help them win, while the Raiders get better, the Donks restock, and the Chiefs continue to improve.
                  I'd be amazed at an 8 win season.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Beat me to it ... what he said ...

Chargers get a S, DE and KR (RB or WR) in the first 3 rounds in some order and some FA bargains that pan out like Hayward and the improved D with the new D coordinator, the improved Running game with new HC and shocker, improved ST play and we do the 12-4 turn around thing yet again.

But maybe its just the red bull talking ...

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      With less than 30,00 fans, there won't be much ambiance for an NFL game. That's less than half a normal crowd. Plus, a majority of fans will be for the opposition( Raiders fans will of course fill the place) so the Bolts will have ZERO home field advantage the next 2 years.
                      And I imagine Philip Rivers will continue to be just good enough to get the Chargers beat more frequently than help them win, while the Raiders get better, the Donks restock, and the Chiefs continue to improve.
                      I'd be amazed at an 8 win season.
                      I agree there'll probably be large amounts of the other team's fans at the games. Then I saw this on ESPN:
                      "Chargers season tickets will cost between $70 and $375 per game. Last year, Rams charged between $40 and $225, and those prices are expected to remain flat in 2017. Chargers' prices not totally surprising, though. Their stadium, StubHub Center, seats only about 30,000, about a third less than the Coliseum. They need to maximize their ticket revenue and are banking on demand far exceeding supply."

So I wonder how much less than 30000 it will be if the supposed new LA fans to be won in the battle for LA decide they'd rather not pay like 2x as much. That demand they're banking on may not materialize when the opponent is a team that doesn't have a fanbase who travel well.
                      Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 02-14-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
                        I agree there'll probably be large amounts of the other team's fans at the games. Then I saw this on ESPN:
                        "Chargers season tickets will cost between $70 and $375 per game. Last year, Rams charged between $40 and $225, and those prices are expected to remain flat in 2017. Chargers' prices not totally surprising, though. Their stadium, StubHub Center, seats only about 30,000, about a third less than the Coliseum. They need to maximize their ticket revenue and are banking on demand far exceeding supply."

So I wonder how much less than 30000 it will be if the supposed new LA fans to be won in the battle for LA decide they'd rather not pay like 2x as much. That demand they're banking on may not materialize when the opponent is a team that doesn't have a fanbase who travel well.
                        wow, that's some lazy reporting there. A quick check of Wiki shows the coliseum holds a LOT more than additional 1/3rd seats over Stub Hub....

"...The facility has a permanent seating capacity of 93,607 for USC football games, making it the largest football stadium in the Pac-12 Conference. For Rams games, capacity is at 80,000, giving it the fourth-largest capacity in the NFL..."
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X