Chiefs at Chargers (+8.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 4)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Jim has a golden opportunity to revitalize the team with the "us vs everyone" mantra.
    a shocking defeat vs KC would be enough to inspire this attitude.
    only way I see this happening is with Herbo playing, even with backup tackles. But it's possible.
    Can change the whole season.
    If Minter is who we thought he was, he's going to be able to hold Reids offense in the 20s even without Bosa or Derwin. It can be done.
    can Herbo and Roman put up 30?
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
      So not only does DJ help lose us week 3, he'll now also help us potentially lose week 4... If we lose by a 1 TD PI call I'll need a new TV the next day...

I hope we win.

But damn this team is like the 10 you meet in the bar and then somebody turns the lights on and its a 4...
      If he 's causing the loss when he plays, then he can't also be causing the loss when he doesn't. cmon - basic logic here, lets seek a modicum of consistency
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Decided underdog at home this week. I'll have corn popped and be watching for the magic! Shock The World!!!
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

semi-exposed.
          The edge depth didn't show up
          Coverage on 3rd down wasn't there
          can't tell if this was a Minter-problem or simply not good enough talent.
          The D also got tired from giving it up through the air on 3rd as well as a late-game abandonment of the run by the offense.
          WTS the D didn't give up more than 10 points before the offense fell apart, the other 10 points came when the game was well in hand for Pittsburgh.

injuries
          penalties
          3rd down D
          Foheko

in that order for me.
          They didn't get exposed. They got gassed. Heck, they held Pittsburg to 3 points in the 3rd quarter DESPITE being on the field for the whole 3rd quarter. Look at the offense production, the special teams blunders, and then the time of possession, and folks want to complain about giving up 20? If this was a Staley collapse, this team loses by 30+ in Pittsburg. That didn't happen. Also, when a team gets gassed, they start to make mental errors. We saw that.

If anything, what was exposed in this game was a continued lack of depth on the offensive line and the defensive line and at WR. Yes, the team needs more talent. I also view this as the 3rd game in a 18 game season, with a new head coach, new DC, new OC, and new systems. This team is not close to playing its best football.

Do I think they beat KC? No. I think they do later in the season though -- yes, at Arrowhead. I think the defense will compete, Heineke will be decent, and there will be a bit of a run game. This one feels like a 20 to 13 type of score line -- one of those games with a ton of moral victories heading into the bye.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

^This. We were 5-11 with cap problems, glaring roster holes and little depth. Even with a very good HC and GM, it wasn't going to be fixed in one offseason. The non-stop focus on the negative is kind of tiring, but everyone looks at things differently, I guess.
            Hey that's fine. Talent, depth, etc take time to build. I'm not mad about that.

But tackling, effort, discipline is something I was hoping to see an improvement in. That third quarter was a huge lapse in all 3, which I guess we can expect to see repeated until things really turn around and/or different players are brought in.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Comparing this team to Staley and last year is just WAY off base IMO especially given the mess these guys inherited or did we forget about that? It really is getting old already and did people think this would be fixed overnight? FFS give it a rest and get behind your fuckin team. That or go cruise the Bengals boards plenty of negativity to go around over there.
              Here we go from the fan police, telling us how we have to follow our team. We dont all have to be cheerleaders all the time. Some of us have been loyally supporting this frustrating team through all their shit for over 40 years...and there arent many more frustrating teams in pro sports ...the scars of Chargering take time to fade....so maybe ease off.

Everyone is happy about the coaching and management changes and yes it will take time....so all the crowning of great success that took place here after winning 2 games against 2 bad teams was also a bit over the top as you suggest being down on the team after a loss is also over the top.

As much as I believe in Harbaugh and the long term picture this weeks game did frustrate me and remind me of every other recent year, and yes that includes Staley...same old same old...beat the bad teams and never beat the teams that are contenders, like never....like how fucking long do we have to wait to beat a playoff team?....same dumb penalties, same missed tackles, same stalling offense, same not getting it done, same old shit....losing 5 pro bowlers a couple weeks into the season...check

2-2 at the bye...beat the 2 bad teams, lose to the 2 good teams...check

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

Bolt the Fuck Up!!! It’s crazy to come here after a lose, only to what if the fuck about this and that. We couldn’t bully the bully, that doesn’t mean we can’t try to bully the other teams on our schedule. I too see no chance to beat the Chiefs and the refs on Sunday, but I’m going to watch it and hope we can sustain long drives and pound them into submission.

Teams who experts predict will be good, are sitting at 0-3 or 1-2. Any Given Sunday!!!

Comment

• el_jefe999
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Heinike can run so let's see if Roman retools the offense to run more of the RPO and QB rush game that he used with Lamar. I think that's our only path to success without both tackles because we won't be able to pass block worth a damn.

I expect the defense will play well when fresh but if we don't run some type of ball control offense they will gas out.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Decided underdog at home this week. I'll have corn popped and be watching for the magic! Shock The World!!!
                    Heinicke leads us to victory!
                    (and even Stick runs a few RPO plays that keep the Chefs off balanced...)

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If he 's causing the loss when he plays, then he can't also be causing the loss when he doesn't. cmon - basic logic here, lets seek a modicum of consistency
                      LOL...yep...think of the irony:

"Derwin is losing us games due to silly penalties. Trade him or let him go after this season"

and then...

"Derwin got suspended a game due to that penalty. We'll lose because he's not playing..."

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Balcony
                        • Senile Agitator
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Hey that's fine. Talent, depth, etc take time to build. I'm not mad about that.

But tackling, effort, discipline is something I was hoping to see an improvement in. That third quarter was a huge lapse in all 3, which I guess we can expect to see repeated until things really turn around and/or different players are brought in.
                        The mental focus just seemed off. I’m going with: we were out on the east coast all week.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

It’s just really hard to see a path to victory this week. Too many of our best players out. We might be the worst offense in football right now. We’ll probably need a Minter Miracle to get a win.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X