• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

OT DirecTV

Has anyone recently had issues with DirecTV? Let me tell you what I just experienced so if nothing else at least a few more people will be informed.

I inquired into what DirecTV could give me (package of the correct TV plan and internet) that fit within my budget. I wanted mlb games so I asked about their baseball package. I asked about second year pricing since I told them the only way I'd join up would be if there was no price hike for the second year of contractual service. You have to sign up for two years with them but I wanted to know if I could have that 2nd year at first year prices. They told me no problem. I was told by the representitive over the phone that I'd have both the mlb package and 2nd year same as 1st if I joined up with DirecTV. I was also told that with their internet service (AT&T) my total bill would be $80 a month.

Let me tell you what I actually got a month later (and is not subject to change) 1. NO mlb games as part of my package. 2. NO same year pricing for the 2nd year (as the first). NO internet service. So there I was with three promises broken right away. And with no recourse! I signed their contract thinking I was getting what they promised me over the phone. However, when I informed them of their promises they simply told me to check the contract.

Basically they are liars at DirecTV/AT&T. DO NOT trust them.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

We've had DirecTV for years, and haven't had any issues. After joining in the Army, I learned: ALWAYS READ THE FUCKING CONTRACT BEFORE YOU SIGN IT.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Maybe it's an AT&T thing. They just took over DirecTV. I probably am naive but if a business promises to give you certain things over the phone aren't they legally bound to do that?

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Balcony
        • Senile Agitator
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
        Maybe it's an AT&T thing. They just took over DirecTV. I probably am naive but if a business promises to give you certain things over the phone aren't they legally bound to do that?
        I had an oral agreement with them via phone some years ago. I talked my way into a great deal. Basically got the NFL package for free despite being an offer for "new" customers. Waited on the contract via email but it never showed up. When I called back, they denied the phone call ever happened. I shopped around after that, then ultimately cut the cord. Never went back.

I'll let a lawyer here answer your questions. There are laws about phone conversations being admissible in court....or they might deny it like they did with me. What are you going to do, subpoena them? Good luck.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          I had an oral agreement with them via phone some years ago. I talked my way into a great deal. Basically got the NFL package for free despite being an offer for "new" customers. Waited on the contract via email but it never showed up. When I called back, they denied the phone call ever happened. I shopped around after that, then ultimately cut the cord. Never went back.

I'll let a lawyer here answer your questions. There are laws about phone conversations being admissible in court....or they might deny it like they did with me. What are you going to do, subpoena them? Good luck.

I don't know if there is anything I can do. I was thinking of starting a blog directed at asshole company's like DirecTV and AT&T. I would tell a lawyer everything that happened if one was interested for free. Don't they (DirecTV) tape all their calls?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

The real crummy thing that I hate more than anything is the DirecTV employees acting like they are the victim when I call them up to complain about their broken promises - and their FRAUD . They are lucky I don't believe in violence. I can easily see someone going off on them soon. And they'll still be wondering why. Because I'm sure I aint the only one they've dicked.
            Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 02-09-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

One other thing I could do is contact my congressman/woman. I tried that before when I was in the Army and it didn't do anything but it was ages ago so who knows.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

I used to be a satisfied Directv customer, but it has definitely gotten worse since AT&T bought them. Now that I don't watch the NFL anymore, I will probably dump them.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I got to let this go. Too much focus on others. Yuck.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

One other thing I could do is contact my congressman/woman. I tried that before when I was in the Army and it didn't do anything but it was ages ago so who knows.

Check this out, not sure it will help but years ago I had a dispute with Sprint and just kept going round and round with no result. My wife wrote a letter/complained to Sprint and copied it to the CPUC ... Sprint refunded the money

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      Check this out, not sure it will help but years ago I had a dispute with Sprint and just kept going round and round with no result. My wife wrote a letter/complained to Sprint and copied it to the CPUC ... Sprint refunded the money

http://ucan.org/index.php/about/10-c...consumer-alert
                      The California Public Utilities Commission will handle complaints from DirecTV customers? What about the FTC?

Your ucan.org site looks promising but I think it's just for San Diego. Could be wrong.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

The California Public Utilities Commission will handle complaints from DirecTV customers? What about the FTC?

Your ucan.org site looks promising but I think it's just for San Diego. Could be wrong.
                        There is a link on the Ucan site that takes you directly to a complaint form
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X