• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Will someone speak up about how staying in Carolina failed to provide us any sort of competitive advantage, or coming together as one ?

We made a lot of unforced errors.
    We did not block or tackle well.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      It looks like the Gus Edwards experiment is not working. A private Vidal next game, at least as a screen or swing option.
      Gus Edwards is a lawn ornament, I can't wait for Vidal to come back and give us another option.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2023
        • Send PM

Not a fan of starting players like Herbert who was already injured and re aggravated last weeks injury and that on Harbaugh. Not having a quality backup QB and that’s on Harbaugh. Not have a plan B without Herbert and that’s on Harbaugh. It’s clearer chargers cool aid is not going to keep this young team healthy. I feel like they are being pushed to hard because Harbaugh SF team made PO in first year …does not make mean charger do. I’m fine with getting this right without hurting the crew. And let’s not pretend Bosa was not going to get injured early. I just wonder if Harbaugh has ever had a team made of glass. This team has a lot of work to do but it’s starting to become concerning Herbert has found the injury bug.
        ‘Harbaugh need to figure this out fast

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Will someone speak up about how staying in Carolina failed to provide us any sort of competitive advantage, or coming together as one ?

I think it was designed to eliminate a perceived disadvantage from travel and time change rather than give us an advantage. Like many have said they had a lead at half time. Could have been a bigger lead but 10-7. So they didn't start slow. They just finished slow.

if it's me, I'd rather sleep in my own bed and have the accoutrements of home.

evidently the board games and snacks didn't yield anything special

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by LinksterAC View Post
            Injuries decided the game guys.

Relax.
            Injuries from this game could decide future games as well.
            It really depends on the health of the OT's.
            If both are out for significant time, things are probably going to be pretty rough.

So hopefully they got good news on their health and the team could be close to full strength
            after the bye.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

This was the "let's see what we're made of" game. I guess we found out
              I fooled myself into expecting a 10 point win, instead, we lost by 10. Our coaches talked about wearing down the opposition but the Steelers did that very thing to us.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

I think it was designed to eliminate a perceived disadvantage from travel and time change rather than give us an advantage. Like many have said they had a lead at half time. Could have been a bigger lead but 10-7. So they didn't start slow. They just finished slow.

if it's me, I'd rather sleep in my own bed and have the accoutrements of home.

evidently the board games and snacks didn't yield anything special
                I seem to remember a game a few years ago where NE stayed out west and gave us a convincing L in the later game.

Belichick never allows board games or snacks.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• LinksterAC
                  San Diego Chargers Fan
                  • Sep 2022
                  • San Diego County
                  • Send PM

Sure, we were the better team until the injuries to key players.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post
                    Not a fan of starting players like Herbert who was already injured and re aggravated last weeks injury and that on Harbaugh. Not having a quality backup QB and that’s on Harbaugh. Not have a plan B without Herbert and that’s on Harbaugh. It’s clearer chargers cool aid is not going to keep this young team healthy. I feel like they are being pushed to hard because Harbaugh SF team made PO in first year …does not make mean charger do. I’m fine with getting this right without hurting the crew. And let’s not pretend Bosa was not going to get injured early. I just wonder if Harbaugh has ever had a team made of glass. This team has a lot of work to do but it’s starting to become concerning Herbert has found the injury bug.
                    ‘Harbaugh need to figure this out fast
                    Thank you.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

I seem to remember a game a few years ago where NE stayed out west and gave us a convincing L in the later game.

Belichick never allows board games or snacks.
                      Only the Drew Brees Chargers beat Belichick/Brady. Rivers never did

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Very true, I feel the same way. This is def not Staley's Chargers however.

But with that said... This is also not the Harbaugh offense we are used to, I think it takes better shape next season.

We're missing a reliable WR deep threat and route runner. QJ and McConkey could develop over the season though.

We don't have the Harbaugh signature TE threat either... Dissley and Hurst are not Vernon Davis.
                        I don't think wide receivers were the problem today.
                        On the sack/injury, Herbert had guys wide open but couldn't get rid of the ball quickly enough.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

So now you want to fire Ben Herbert ? Wow.

BTW my comments towards jamrock were in a specific context.

The one legit bitchworthy thing I see is our appearing thoroughly unprepared today after remaining on the East Coast.

The rest of this stuff is crap that is best deposited in a burning incinerator.

We need to prep for KC after todays quagmire.
                          I thought they were fine starting off.

They were unprepared to play the 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                          X