• Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

You 100% can and should. He should have a plan other than rotate two players to new positions. Moving Alt to LT and Pip to RT and replacing RG is just insane, especially vs one of the best pass rushes in the game. That is coaching fault and if you don’t blame Roman then smh. 🤦‍♂️
      So you know better than Harbaugh? Whose call was it? Either way you know better than them? 🤦
      You don't think they haven't discussed it til it happened? Lol
      That might sound easy to do but maybe they didn't want to move Alt back to LT after all the weeks getting him comfortable at RT as a rookie.
      If they do then that leaves Pip at RT against Watt. That's a better idea?

If you think you know better than them then smh.

Steelers had 5 sacks in the second half. None in the first. Slater got beat bad once before exiting and so did Alt to give up his first sack on the year. After that then OL.crumbled.

Neg 5 yards and 5 sacks.in the second half, couldn't run. Defense got gashed.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

I have a feeling you know that I’ve been skeptical of this team since Harbaugh joined. Everyone has anointed the team the moment after Harbaugh joined and I just didn’t see that. I have been cautiously optimistic after the first two wins and was ready to post my apology if we were 4-0 by the bye week. But unfortunately this game showed our butt a bit and what I feared has come true. It’s a long season but we are not the juggernaut some fans were hoping we were.

It’s a retooling year imho, everyone has a different definition of retooling but what I mean by it is we are a year away from competing for a playoff spot while we change over the system and culture.
        Well you and the naysayers got your wish. Herbert got injured, Bosa got hurt, we lost our tackles. It was a hayday for the naysayers. Now you get to brag about how bad the team is.

Just a road I cannot go down, wanting the team to fail so the pessimistic predictions (which come every year) come true.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

This team will adjust to who they have available. They might have to scour the FA market for depth on the Oline depending on the severity of the injuries.

Heinicke can win in this league, especially with a team like this compared to the team he played with in DC.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Well you and the naysayers got your wish. Herbert got injured, Bosa got hurt, we lost our tackles. It was a hayday for the naysayers. Now you get to brag about how bad the team is.

Just a road I cannot go down, wanting the team to fail so the pessimistic predictions (which come every year) come true.
            That’s a bad take. Nobody wishes any Charger injuries.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I watched the game on a Pittsburgh station on CBS. Afterwards the two guys discussion the game ,one was a former PItt DL and he said once Herbert went out, that changed the game for Pittsburghs defense.

Their attack was then different and it showed, though we didn't do much before he went out.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Wasn't Pitt missing its starting tackles? Didn't see to phase them a bit
                This is not true...the guy that started at LT for Pitt has been their starting LT for the last four years, they've been trying to upgrade with the high draft choices on in 2023 and another in 2024 but Fautanu fucked up his knee and the other guy has been stinking it up so neither has been able to take the jobs they were brought into to take, so no, the tackles were the same guys that they've had, they're not great but they were missing one of their starting guards and their center although Frazier has kind of taken over the reins at center and run off with it...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Balcony
                  • Senile Agitator
                  • Send PM

If the injuries to Slater & Alt aren't bad, at least the season will be salvageable. Hope for the best.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Steelers are a more physical and disciplined team than the chargers are currently. It just is what it is.

Chargers have only had 3 games under the new regime and and we are 2-1.

On defense - lots of penalties - (lack of discipline), some poor tackling and some players trying to go for glory instead of thinking about the team. Some poor scheming on 3rd down which I expect Minter to clean up. By the 4th quarter they were gassed - a combination of failing to get off the field on 3rd downs and the offense laying an egg in the 3rd q

On offense - the 2nd half was a shit show, depth is going to be an issue and you can see the huge drop off when even one piece of the oline is out. It's going to take some time
                    ​​​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Come on Herbert’s a hall of fame player.

that was a great Telesco pick.

Slater is a technician he just gets hurt.

Alt teachable moment. He will eventually be a left tackle. But when Horvitz said protect the Quarterbsck that’s why.

We ran good in the 1st half.

Like I said Tomlin would run the ball and muddy it up he did. And Harris imposed his will. The Herbert changed the whole team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I have a feeling you know that I’ve been skeptical of this team since Harbaugh joined. Everyone has anointed the team the moment after Harbaugh joined and I just didn’t see that. I have been cautiously optimistic after the first two wins and was ready to post my apology if we were 4-0 by the bye week. But unfortunately this game showed our butt a bit and what I feared has come true. It’s a long season but we are not the juggernaut some fans were hoping we were.

It’s a retooling year imho, everyone has a different definition of retooling but what I mean by it is we are a year away from competing for a playoff spot while we change over the system and culture.
                        We aren't a juggernaut. Not sure anyone said we were.

I posted we could be 11-5 or 10-6. We could be a wildcard team but depends on how many injuries. I think the depth is better than last year but sure we still have areas to get better at. OC, TE, RG to name three.
                        I don't think it's a 3 year process to be playoff bound. We could be playoff bound starting this year. Certainly next year.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Heyward and Watt aren't on Chargers side to wreck shop.
                          All Chargers had was Mack. Steelers also went heavy personnel and as you know Fields is a threat to run, so you cannot pin ears back. Herbert was no threat to run. I would suspect that is the biggest reason it affected Pitt less.
                          Wait, we kept hearing that our edge group was our best and deepest group. We have Tuli behind Bosa. Mack isn't supposed to be it. Where was Poona and Tart today?

Herbert's mobility is one of his assets. Without it, not so good

Comment

Working...
                          X