• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I would say based on his injury rate it was a gamble not worth taking but here we are. This offense needs someone to loosen up the box and we just don’t have that guy.

I have said for a while that this is a retooling year. I was hopeful after the quick start but it’s becoming obvious that they need next year to compete for the playoffs and the year after for the whole tamale.
    Not a total retooling year. Our team will be good but sure it's year one and we will get better every year.

Again just replacing Staley with Harbaugh i think we win 4-5 more games had we dine nothing else. Indo not think it's out of the question we can be a wildcard team.

Just because we lost a game don't mean we are doomed from here but if we are without Slater and Alt, I don't see us beating KC.
    I get the feeling you couldn't wait for us to lose so you could say this lol.

​​​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

First half - game was what I thought. Field position and what not

Second half, with the Slater injury - that Steelers defense just took over

2-1
      Injuries to Herbert and Slater and Bosa
      not god

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Losing at Pitt is not a disgrace. Winning there is more of a surprise.

Onward and upward.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The first 2 weeks are the first 2 games the Chargers have played tough physical football in decades..... vs PIT who plays this way and drafts this way every week for many decades....

Chargers are NOT a great TEAM yet but we are heading the right direction....
          Can’t disagree with you. I’m hopeful, I just want to see improvement and growth from players this year. Next year Harbaugh will have a lot of money to retool the team more and then the s cons year in the system hopefully it starts to really click and then the year after skys the limit. I have hope which is nice to have as a Charger fan.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

The recovery time for a pectoral muscle injury in football depends on the severity of the injury:
            • Full tear: A full tear of the pectoral muscle usually requires surgery and can take 4–6 months to heal, with an additional 8–12 weeks of healing after surgery.
            • Grade 2 tear: A partial tear can take 6–12 weeks to fully restore strength.
            • Minor tear: A minor tear may only require rest and a gradual return to activity, which can take a few weeks.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Too many excuses being made for Roman. Roman gets credit for when the good things happen, but not blame for when bad things happen?

He made horrible play calls that contributed to Justin Herbert's injury, as well as other bad drives on offense.
              So we should never throw is that what you are saying?

3rd quarter we ran 6 plays, 2 were runs and we got sacked twice. Once on first down, once in 3rd and long. So we should never throw on first down?

Our defense got trashed in the 2nd half, why not blame Minter?
              You guys are never happy.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Losing at Pitt is not a disgrace. Winning there is more of a surprise.

Onward and upward.
                I have no problem losing to anyone, anywhere.

That second half was ripped out of a Staley era loss. Thought we would at least not lose games like that anymore but too many Staley*/TT players still remain.

It's ok - recalibrate expectations and move on. Remember it took Jim a decade to win a natty with Michigan. It's a longer process than we realize.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  The recovery time for a pectoral muscle injury in football depends on the severity of the injury:
                  • Full tear: A full tear of the pectoral muscle usually requires surgery and can take 4–6 months to heal, with an additional 8–12 weeks of healing after surgery.
                  • Grade 2 tear: A partial tear can take 6–12 weeks to fully restore strength.
                  • Minor tear: A minor tear may only require rest and a gradual return to activity, which can take a few weeks.
                  Alt or Pipkins to LT - maybe Pipkins
                  bring in a RG

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Looks like Slater to IR to me.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      I was expecting a better second half..but the injuries to LT and QB got in the way.
                      true.... and multiple 15 yard bonehead penalties led to the Steelers taking the lead....

I get Watt making plays but BOTH of our star OT's were getting worked, and beaten quickly and badly...

Chargers need to get much better in middle of OL, middle of the DL, CB.....TE...S....RB...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Something unusual happened today, something we've never seen before, but there should be an asterisk next to it as Herbert didn't finish the game...

it's the first time in Herbert's career that the defense held the opponent to 20 or less points and he lost...never happened before...
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                          The 1st half was what we all expected.

Steelers fans were not happy with all the Alt praise leading up, and rightly so. In the end, TJ > Alt today.

Abandoning the run in the 2nd half???

Defense lost composure, began missing tackles, not staying disciplined, PF's. But they DID get a TURNOVER!

I hate to say it but Bosa, Slater, and Herbert... are injury prone.

Reminiscent of the playoff game in Pitt years ago when we had 1 3rd q possession for 1 play.

bosa- we got 1 good game out of him this year.
                          slater-looking injury prone
                          herbert-is injury prone

pittsburgh just smashed us in the second half. Bad adjustments by us on offense and defense. Tomlin schooled Harbaugh. They started pounding the ball and we didn't pressure Fields. Made him look like his draft pick today. A get well game for Justin fields and Wilson may never see the field.

discouraging second half

Comment

Working...
                          X