• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I Am A Charger's Fan

Fuck the Spanii. But I love the Bolts and I'm staying.

Good play, bad play, bad ownership or really bad ownership, I am not a band wagoner.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Yep. Im a fan of kids playing football. And thats where my love for the players starts. Some of these kids we draft i come across while still in High School. I see them go to college and continue to succeed. Then occasionally they end up on the Chargers. Im a college football fan. Thats where a lot of my love for football comes from. The draft?.. I cant just stop evaluating players without a purpose. That purpose is the potential that they become baby chargers. lol So while i may think i will stop being a fan when Rivers or Gates retire. The reality is that im already fascinated with the college players on this team that i was obsessed with while they were in college. MG and Bosa just to name a few. As long as im so attached to the draft and who the Bolts take ill always be a fan. I dont want to give up my hobby of studying players. And i cant just get into another team.

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Yep. Im a fan of kids playing football. And thats where my love for the players starts. Some of these kids we draft i come across while still in High School. I see them go to college and continue to succeed. Then occasionally they end up on the Chargers. Im a college football fan. Thats where a lot of my love for football comes from. The draft?.. I cant just stop evaluating players without a purpose. That purpose is the potential that they become baby chargers. lol So while i may think i will stop being a fan when Rivers or Gates retire. The reality is that im already fascinated with the college players on this team that i was obsessed with while they were in college. MG and Bosa just to name a few. As long as im so attached to the draft and who the Bolts take ill always be a fan. I dont want to give up my hobby of studying players. And i cant just get into another team.
      Pretty much describes me. Fuck the Spanii but I love this game, the players and all the history of this team. Hopefully one day they'll be sold to better owners but I can't deny my feelings for everything else about the Chargers.

Comment

• Jagged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Omaha, Nebraska
        • Send PM

First, let say thank you to Fleet and the other moderators on this board.. I've been lurking this group (or a variation of it) since the Rivals board. Ive got very few ties to San Diego, but I'm still not happy about the move and how the local fans got treated. That being said, I can't help but be a fan. I know this board is going through a transition and if you decide to keep it, I'll try to contribute more (even with my limited football knowledge)

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
          Pretty much describes me. Fuck the Spanii but I love this game, the players and all the history of this team. Hopefully one day they'll be sold to better owners but I can't deny my feelings for everything else about the Chargers.
          I really do think they will be sold. I just think that was a big part of the move and decision to sacrifice safe haven in SD for Spano's family. He's eventually ending back up in Stockton im sure. Sell the team first. Its probably smart to move the team to LA to increase the value. Especially if you are a heartless bitch with no perception of loyalty. If all you care about is money then moving to LA probably increases the value. I dont think that family is too well liked in NFL circles. They have a track record of doing things the wrong way. Just a gut feeling that this is all about selling the team when they can. I hope they enjoy being rich while also being so hated.

I dont necessarily think a new owner will move the team back though.

Comment

• Darth Sergious
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Lurker since I dont remember when, please keep the board going, this is my go to place for Chargers info and coaching insight (thanks Steve et al).

The Lurkerville Lurkers will be here always

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

LOVE THE LURKERS <3

Comment

• King Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                LOVE THE LURKERS <3
                Lurkers gonna lurk! If I new enough to contribute actual meaningful insight to in-depth Chargers football discussions I might do better!

That said...tone of this thread makes me feel better about being loyal Bolts fan!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by King Bolt View Post
                  Lurkers gonna lurk! If I new enough to contribute actual meaningful insight to in-depth Chargers football discussions I might do better!

That said...tone of this thread makes me feel better about being loyal Bolts fan!
                  He who is the least....is the greatest....in the great powder blues kingdom.

Comment

• boldarblood
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hate Spanos, still a fan. I hate all NFL owners, they are all greedy AF.

Long time lurker, trying to be more involved.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I need more time. Too many friends here to turn away tho.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

We'll just because some of us are staying doesn't mean we don't hope Spanos doesn't get his head out of his ass and figure out a way to make things work in SD. I know it is dillusional, but the best part of my day is every morning when I scan this board looking for post announcing that is going to happen. It won't, but that doesn't mean I won't keep looking.

Comment

Working...
                        X