• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OL Coach Pat Meyer

There wasn't a big announcement for this... found out via a Matt Slauson interview on 1360.

From Wiki:

In 1997, Meyer became a graduate assistant for the Memphis Tigers, and later worked in the school's strength and conditioning department, and spent five months in 2000 as the director. Meyer later joined the NC State Wolfpack as the head strength and conditioning coach, and in 2004, he was named head of the entire athletic department's strength programs, which he would hold until 2006, in which he joined Florida State as strength coach. In 2008, Meyer joined his alma mater as the offensive line coach, and became the offensive coordinator in 2011. In 2012, Meyer joined the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes as the offensive coordinator/offensive line coach.[2] During the season, the Alouettes finished third in the league in scoring with 26.6 points per game, was tied for first in touchdowns with 51 and fewest sacks allowed with 30.[3] On January 24, 2013, Meyer was hired by former Alouettes head coach Marc Trestman to become the Bears assistant offensive line coach; Meyer was the third Alouettes assistant to join the Bears, following tight ends coach Andy Bischoff and assistant defensive line coach Michael Sinclair.[4] On February 12, 2014, Meyer was promoted to offensive line coach.[5] Meyer was not retained by the Bears for the 2015 season.[6] On July 31, 2015, Meyer was hired as a Football Operations Consultant for the Buffalo Bills.[7][8]

In 2017, Meyer joined the Los Angeles Chargers as the offensive line coach.[9]
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Team Spanos drops the ball again. Why wouldn't they announce this formally?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Maybe cockroaches (i.e. LSC and spawn) hate lights? I still haven't heard of an interview of Lynn, other than that for Chargers.com.
      Last edited by Bolt-O; 01-25-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Maybe cockroaches (i.e. LSC and spawn) hate lights? I still haven't heard of an interview of Lynn, other than that for Chargers.com.
        They sure picked the right city to move to. No lights in LA lol.

Comment

• homeless simpson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Team Spanos drops the ball again. Why wouldn't they announce this formally?
          It's a lot more evident now, even when they've been doing it for years, that they are REALLy bad at marketing and PR.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Curious as to why they still havnt formally announced Bradley.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I have a feeling that any press coming out from the Chargers is being funneled for approval at the highest level.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

They still had Pagano as DC up until today. He was listed as DC even days after he signed with the Raiders. Chargers are terrible at PR and Marketing. Their website is run by idiots. Even their forum is run poorly. They would be wise to buy the Powderblues and have me run everything. I would make them look good.

That chunky little strange dude Ricky Henne doing interviews makes them look worse.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  They still had Pagano as DC up until today. He was listed as DC even days after he signed with the Raiders. Chargers are terrible at PR and Marketing. Their website is run by idiots. Even their forum is run poorly. They would be wise to buy the Powderblues and have me run everything. I would make them look good.

That chunky little strange dude Ricky Henne doing interviews makes them look worse.
                  Henne doesn't bother me. Seems like most of the blunders in the front office are coming from AG Spanos part of things. Dare I say maybe he is the dumb Spanos?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Henne doesn't bother me. Seems like most of the blunders in the front office are coming from AG Spanos part of things. Dare I say maybe he is the dumb Spanos?
                    Yeah AG is dumb. You can see it in his eyes. He just doesn't have a clue. Both the sons are little lap dog robots.

Ricky just annoys me more than anything.

Comment

• boldarblood
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Seems like a big background in Strength & Conditioning as well.

Memphis (1999–2000) Strength and conditioning coach
                      NC State (2000–2006) Strength and conditioning coach
                      Florida State (2007) Strength and conditioning coach

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                        It's a lot more evident now, even when they've been doing it for years, that they are REALLy bad at marketing and PR.
                        Really bad? More like hopeless ....
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X