• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Some of us take history into account, others like fairy dust.
    Pretty selective history IMO, but carry on with your bad self.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Pretty selective history IMO, but carry on with your bad self.
      I take it you're still interested in that bridge. $500, you can pick it up in London.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Whatevs. Looking forward to more wins.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Ok, this is really contrary to what Ghelkin is reporting:

He also reiterated that keeping the offensive staff was solely at Lynn's discretion.
          Okay, now I get it. Listened to that interview at work and missed the part where Lynn is at the Senior Bowl but the rest of the coaching staff isn't.

Comment

• Asela
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            He also reiterated that keeping the offensive staff was solely at Lynn's discretion.
            Lynn's discretion? Does that translate into: Lynn do you want the job but you have to keep Whiz or you can look for employment elsewhere?

Technically, that still fits the narrative of "Lynn's discretion"

Logically, Whiz is well respected, has a good working offense in place, Rivers doesn't want to have to learn a new offense. It makes sense for all parties.

Recently I heard a player (forget which) talking about Lynn in regards to the difficulty of the move to LA on the players and winning. The player said, Lynn is a "Leader of Men" and its to say the players aren't tough, but Lynn will keep us focused on winning and blocking out the distractions. Lynn makes people tough, mentally tough.

I don't know if that was the company line the player was quoting but it sounded like a move in the right direction, because nothing like that was ever said about McCoy or Norv or June Jones or Riley or Gilbride or Henning...

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
              Lynn's discretion? Does that translate into: Lynn do you want the job but you have to keep Whiz or you can look for employment elsewhere?

Technically, that still fits the narrative of "Lynn's discretion"

Logically, Whiz is well respected, has a good working offense in place, Rivers doesn't want to have to learn a new offense. It makes sense for all parties.

Recently I heard a player (forget which) talking about Lynn in regards to the difficulty of the move to LA on the players and winning. The player said, Lynn is a "Leader of Men" and its to say the players aren't tough, but Lynn will keep us focused on winning and blocking out the distractions. Lynn makes people tough, mentally tough.

I don't know if that was the company line the player was quoting but it sounded like a move in the right direction, because nothing like that was ever said about McCoy or Norv or June Jones or Riley or Gilbride or Henning...
              Or the Spanii
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
              X