• Show
Clear All
  • King Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Im not sure im feeling a lot of hope for this place. Its dead. We lost so many members. Maybe in time people will come around. Oh well we did the best we could. Nobody could ever prepare for something like this.
    Fleet -- I am not website savvy and you probably have done this already but is the site well positioned so if new fans from LA do a search they find us first? Or...can we help by some of us going to other football boards and posting about this site? Just trying to think of ways to market the site and bring in new folks. This site has a deep rooted history and I'd hate to see it die off.

By the way, I have never said it but thanks to you, mods,admins, and regular posters for all you have done over the years.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Im very active on out twitter account. Problem is im using it to shit on Spanos at the moment. lol We have quite a few new adds on Facebook and Twitter. I think LA fans are starting to show up. Getting people to post sign up and post here is a different story. The lurkers are out there but many just like to read the conversations and stay on top of Chargers related news. I will be posting from a more player supportive angle on twitter soon though.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFivmye View Post
        To be fair, having an NFL team in town is a privilege. No city is entitled to have one. But what the owners have lost sight of in return is that having a huge base of devoted paying customers is also a privilege. They don't have a God-given right to our money. And each new anti-consumer decision they make just pushes all the fans further and further away.
        Well said. Great post.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by maxxi View Post
          Yes...hang in there FLEET and everyone else that has kept this forum going all these years. I've mostly trolled the board but have always found that, compared to other forums, the powder blues was filled with the most knowledgeable and most real fans out there. Everyone here is pretty fair and can appreciate the team, the game and each others opinions without getting too crazy or opinionated. You guys are able to debate, agree/disagree and even pray for each other just like many of the buddies I've gone to games with so I appreciate that. With that, please keep the forum open if you can. I'm still a fan of the team, just not the owners, and will cheer them on moving forward.
          Thank you for that. Good to hear from you.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

I love this place. It's basically a habit to check the forum first thing when I get to work. Even when my love for the Bolts has been strained and on the decline for years now, I still find myself checking in at the forum. Having a young family is mostly what started to push the Bolts lower and lower on the priority list for me. I work full time, I help my wife run a small business too, and we're raising 3 very young boys, so I barely have time for extra curricular activities. The rest of my available time I try to get out in the water and surf. When Spanos attempted to leave to "Carsonogen" last year, it pushed me away even further. Now with the move, it's the nail in the coffin. I'll be back rooting for a team if SD gets another, but for now I'm done with the NFL altogether.

I'll be in the fight club forum for the time being. I still want to socialize with many of you guys, and also because I want to wallow in the endless schadenfreude provided by the bumbling Spanos family.

I also think it's important that those of us turned Chargers haters compartmentalize our negative opinions and keep them in the fight club forum. There are still Chargers fans here that don't need a bunch of malcontents pissing on all the threads.
            Last edited by Wheels; 01-19-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              I'm still supporting and watching, but definitely with less passion and definitely no gear.

I still look at this forum way too much.
              Same here, I haven't bought any new gear since Spani wrecked the uniforms

I did get a cool baseball cap with a Taylor Made/chargers motif as a gift been wearing it for the last couple of weeks

I love to see lurkers roll in here and give Fleet/the forum Props

I am posting between the old school forum and the fight club because I'm extremely conflicted
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

The Fight Club forum is 3 times as busy as the main forum. lol Which isnt saying much. Oh well i think in time we will rebound. Its offseason anyways.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Love to the lurkers, definitely.

Only gear I bought recently was a 70s era LA Rams lapel pin, in spite lol. Fuck Spanos.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    The Fight Club forum is 3 times as busy as the main forum. lol Which isnt saying much. Oh well i think in time we will rebound. Its offseason anyways.
                    It's going to take time for the butt hurt to subside. Some will never come back. Some eventually will, especially around draft time.

Comment

Working...
                    X