• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Andy Reid

Is Andy Reid the Marty Schottwnheimer with an offense background? I said it when he was hired -- great in the regular season, can't get it done in the post season. And he had some great teams in Philly. He makes a ton of dough and will keep the chiefs on this side of the hump.

Chiefs have worst playoff record in a couple decades. Dallas is second by the way.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

At least Reid made it to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

I wish we'd have hired Andy instead of McCoy.....and Lynn.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

Andy Reid is a West Coast offense guy all the way. So he couldn't be an option for Rivers. WC offense requires the QB to move around, run around, buying time for the receivers to get open, like what Rodgers is doing.

Reid actually has playoff success when he started his career in PHI, he had Jim Johnson and McNabb, together they went to 4 straight NFC championship games and ultimately loss to NE in that SB.

Nowadays NE is making Conference Championship an annual automatically kind of thing so Reid accomplishment (4 straight championship games) isn't sound that impressive anymore, but it used to be pretty big back then.

What I like about Reid in PHI was that he made Eli and NYG his annual whipping boy.

Now I like him less because he's making us his personal whipping boy, lol.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Andy and Marty not good play off records, and that is why I am glad we didn't hire Mike Smith he is 1-4 in the play offs with some good Atlanta teams.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Andy Reid seems to be a solid Head Coach, who just can't get over the hump, for whatever reason.

Some of it is timing (Philly nearly beat the Pats, and the was probably the best of those Patriots teams).

Some of it is luck. (the year they MADE it to the super bowl... they converted like a 4th and 20 against the Packers... it doesn't just happen to the Chargers)

Some of it is players/personnel. In Philly he won with Donovan McNabb and without him. In KC he's winning with Alex Smith. But if he had an Aaron Rodgers, would he become a better coach? (Probably).

And maybe some of it is just his style. He's going to be consistently solid, but never great. I never, for a minute, thought this Chiefs team was going to the SB this year. I just didn't. Yeah, they went 12-4. I figured Pittsburgh would win, and they did... without scoring a TD, and throwing an INT in the End Zone. Honestly... Pittsburgh basically destroyed them for most of that game.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• FiftyFive
              Dean Spanos is a traitor!
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Andy Reid has been a football coach in some capacity for 35 years now. He's been a head coach for 18 years. In all that time, he's somehow never learned how to manage a clock or use his timeouts properly. Not from the head coaches he's worked under in the past, and not from the first-hand experience of blowing so many games in large part due to his bad habits. That should tell you all you need to know about him. He simply doesn't care enough about winning.

Between that and his overly-conservative playcalling, I'm amazed that franchises still shovel money at this guy when the results are so predictable. Well, I would be amazed if it wasn't so obvious that the NFL is a good-ole'-boys club.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

Reid is kinda strange case. He's really good at making big decision as well as calling plays, converting clutch plays during games, and situational football in generall. But at the same time, some how he's clueless on 2 mins offense and 4 mins offense (kill clock) and routinely missuse of timeouts and challenges. But he's a real good coach, no doubt.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Chargerville
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                  Reid is kinda strange case. He's really good at making big decision as well as calling plays, converting clutch plays during games, and situational football in generall. But at the same time, some how he's clueless on 2 mins offense and 4 mins offense (kill clock) and routinely missuse of timeouts and challenges. But he's a real good coach, no doubt.
                  Andy Reid's Chiefs in my opinion, are in the playoffs because they are well coached, not because they are really that good. They may be solid, but with Alex Smith, they're not going to beat Brady, Manning, or Big Ben in many big games.
                  Last edited by Chargerville; 01-18-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
                    Andy Reid's Chiefs in my opinion, are in the playoffs because they are well coached, not because they are really that good. They may be solid, but with Alex Smith, they're not going to beat Brady, Manning, or Big Ben in many big games.
                    Special Teams are why they had a winning record.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X