• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The DC Search

I have not heard of an official Pagano firing. Is that legit? Im also now hearing that Lynn is pressing Bradley for a decision but hes waiting on the Niner decision?

Vrabel is a guy i keep hearing great things about. I really do think he could be the next really good DC in this league. I mentioned him prior to him getting an interview with the Rams. Which seemed to surprise a lot of people. Inner NFL circles are saying good things about his coaching abilities and how he was a major factor in the Texans being a top D this season without Watt.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Vrabel seems to me to be on the "Singletary" track... solid positional coach, but not an overall X-O guy, but maybe able to motivate at the HC level. However, I may be biased against him as he is a former Patriot, and seems to be a genuine asshole (from viewing Hard Knocks).

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I wonder if Pags is "Plan B" if Bradley falls through.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

I think Lynn won't target DCs from Belichick tree, because he likes to play offense on defense, he likes the attacking defenses. And Belichick defense throughout the years with different teams, are always mostly about reading, thinking, smoke-and-mirror, tricking, reacting to what the offense likes to do, their weakness and strength, their personnel, their philosophy and style on offense, their coaches and players tendencies on offense, etc..

NE have the same philosophy on offense and defense, they don't care about identity or anything like that. They can be a different offense/defense each Sunday. It's a no identity, no personality defense (and offense). They just changing and morphing into different shape, like water, with great flexibility, draw up during the week to defeat a particular opposition or a particular scheme on Sunday.

Lynn seems to like defenses like DEN, MIN, PHI. Initiate the attack. They're all can work great if the talented players can execute it well.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
          I think Lynn won't target DCs from Belichick tree, because he likes to play offense on defense, he likes the attacking defenses. And Belichick defense throughout the years with different teams, are always mostly about reading, thinking, smoke-and-mirror, tricking, reacting to what the offense likes to do, their weakness and strength, their personnel, their philosophy and style on offense, their coaches and players tendencies on offense, etc..

NE have the same philosophy on offense and defense, they don't care about identity or anything like that. They can be a different offense/defense each Sunday. It's a no identity, no personality defense (and offense). They just changing and morphing into different shape, like water, with great flexibility, draw up during the week to defeat a particular opposition or a particular scheme on Sunday.

Lynn seems to like defenses like DEN, MIN, PHI. Initiate the attack. They're all can work great if the talented players can execute it well.
          Backup plan might be Rex.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Gus starting to sound like a guy who wants to take a year off. He told redskins he was waiting to see if Lynn got a hc job. Now he tells Lynn waiting on cable?

I thought about Rex Ryan. That would be a wired dynamic no? Boss reporting to you?

Others out there beside vrabel include mike Pettine, a Rex Ryan disciple who coached with Lynn in NY.

Tg
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• boldarblood
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

What about going after Romeo Crennel, I know Houston wants to retain him but his contract is over.

Also what do people think about bringing back Mike Nolan. I've also wondered how Lynn feels about Dennis Thurman (was let go recently). I don't know much about him, but Lynn is familiar with him.

What about tapping the college market, say someone like Jeremy Pruitt or Brent Venables.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

I like pettine
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I like Mike Pettine.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Gus starting to sound like a guy who wants to take a year off. He told redskins he was waiting to see if Lynn got a hc job. Now he tells Lynn waiting on Cable?

Tg
                    Can't blame him if he wants to make sure he really knows all of his options before deciding. Besides, I wouldn't want to have to decide between working for Jed York or the Spanos clan.

Comment

• vinabolt
                      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                      • Feb 2015
                      • Send PM

Rex Ryan would be an okay choice, I think. It would be kinda awkward but I don't think Ryan is going to care, lol. They worked well with each other.

Ryan is still a good defensive coach. There are some bashing a few years ago by BUF pass rushers that he had them on coverage. But Belichick used to do that a few times with McGinest. Sometime you have to confuse the QB a bit.
                      Last edited by vinabolt; 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM.
                      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Rex Ryan is the ultimate anti-Spano hire.

Comment

Working...
                        X