• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    I imagine Babitch would have liked to stay... he lived just around the corner from me

And you are correct about there being a deeper issue with the organization as to the way they treat people......like toilet paper
    As time goes on and this LA thing unfolds, Deano's rep as a ivory tower asshole will come more and more into light and will serve as a warning to any potential players or coaches looking to move to a new team. In time, Eli will be proven to be a visionary when it comes to what he did to avoid coming to this shitshow.

Comment

• shogun
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think some credit should be given to the db coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

No Bradley announcement? LOL,i guess he is pondering working for losers like Spanos.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          No Bradley announcement? LOL,i guess he is pondering working for losers like Spanos.
          He's already had to deal with Khan, why would he want to take a step down?

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Clusterfuck of idiots.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by shogun View Post
              I think some credit should be given to the db coach.
              He'll be back, along with the assistant DB coach as well as the DL coach.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Other than Sileo, there is no news of Pagano being fired. I am pretty sure he would be getting interviews by Washington and others with openings if he were fired. I think perhaps Sileo just assumed that Pagano was fired since Bradley is being considered.

It would be better for Pagano if he did get fired so he could move on and get another job before all the openings are taken. And I do think Pagano needs to go.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Other than Sileo, there is no news of Pagano being fired. I am pretty sure he would be getting interviews by Washington and others with openings if he were fired. I think perhaps Sileo just assumed that Pagano was fired since Bradley is being considered.

It would be better for Pagano if he did get fired so he could move on and get another job before all the openings are taken. And I do think Pagano needs to go.

TG
                  Hardwick was also saying that Pagano was fired this morning and he's more likely to have heard it directly from him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just stringing Pagano along. Remember, the cheapest option is to force the new coach to keep Pagano on. And if they have to fire him late, what do they care if it screws Pagano in a job search?

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

I don't think he is necessarily being screwed in a search for a new job. Washington is still looking for their DC, and SF will be open, plus there will be some other shuffles that go on in response to the moves as positon coaches move up and about. Pagano does have permission to talk to teams (all our assistants did), so, even if it was intent to stay, he would have been stupid not to position himself for an uncertain future.

That being said, I don't think it is likely he is going to get a DC job. Not many DC who get fired with a HC change at 5-11 keep their jobs as coordinators. Most go back to being a position coach, before moving back up as a coordinator. Coaches get fired all time, given the D played reasonably well, I don't think it reflects poorly on him. He has just had a good long stretch as the Chargers DC, and there is only so long anyone keeps a coaching gig in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                    X