• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Also agree. It's amazing that - for years - guys have been complaining about NOT bringing in zero-risk vets for a look-see...just in case. And now some of the same guys are complaining because we did! LOL! Damned if ya do; damned if ya don't.

By the way...Charger football - even if they suck - is actually fun again. The Norv Years were brutal.
    Disagree. While Starks was low risk, in a rebuild, I would rather see Drake Nevis type players brought in. Guys that are young and might have a future with the team. Not guys that are one year bandaids that should be retired
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      Disagree. While Starks was low risk, in a rebuild, I would rather see Drake Nevis type players brought in. Guys that are young and might have a future with the team. Not guys that are one year bandaids that should be retired
      According to Chargers front office- they are not rebuilding. They expect to to win this year with patchwork roster. Add depth and talent as the years and drafts come and go.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        According to Chargers front office- they are not rebuilding. They expect to to win this year with patchwork roster. Add depth and talent as the years and drafts come and go.
        Well if the Chargers front office says so...
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Considering that he was a stop-gap, I see no harm. I also thought - at worst - that he'd be good for depth. I was wrong on both counts. Bottom line: He cost the team lunch money, and there didn't seem to be a younger alternative with upside floating around out there. There still isn't.

By the way, I'm perplexed as to why they cut Nevis so quickly.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Considering that he was a stop-gap, I see no harm. I also thought - at worst - that he'd be good for depth. I was wrong on both counts. Bottom line: He cost the team lunch money, and there didn't seem to be a younger alternative with upside floating around out there. There still isn't.

By the way, I'm perplexed as to why they cut Nevis so quickly
            Wynn decided to show up. I assume he was gonna get cut once the two guys got up to speed, but Wynn finally started looking like a decent pass rushing option at DE. You just can't afford to keep 7 D lineman on a roster. Can't fault the front offense for trying to find anyone that will improve our secondary. We are desperate.

Comment

Working...
            X