• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boltupright
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I get what your saying but the connundrum is it does need to “get in his head” so he stops hitting other players in the head.
    Personally, I think that was a questionable call, but my opinion doesn't matter.

Remember when we let Rodney Harrison go because"he was too much of a liability"....Not sure that Derwin is = to Rodney, but a team needs some tough guys on it to keep the other teams' head on a swivel.

Be interesting to see how Coach handles him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

It is absurd to expect that we were going to strut into Pittsburgh and be instantly tough by proclamation.

Nothing Ben Herbert alone could possible do would make that a reality.

The only way for the Chargers to become tough is to get pur ass kicked, then become stronger. Steelers did us a favor by bluntly reminding us that there is lots more work to do.

It's not personnel. It's not that simple.
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        It is absurd to expect that we were going to strut into Pittsburgh and be instantly tough by proclamation.

Nothing Ben Herbert alone could possible do would make that a reality.

The only way for the Chargers to become tough is to get pur ass kicked, then become stronger. Steelers did us a favor by bluntly reminding us that there is lots more work to do.

It's not personnel. It's not that simple.
        it was a standoff until late in 3rd quarter. not too bad for standing tough. it would have been great if the offense had a trick up their sleave in the 3rd quarter, but it didn't happen.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2022
          • Send PM

Batman got an awesome experience about bully ball NFL style (you aint a Wolverine no more!). The best defense is to unleash Superman at QB. Now Fat Andy comes to town with THE GOAT. He also understands being 2 back in the division creates a challenging pathway to the playoffs.

“Let a warrior be a warrior”. Harbaugh turns to Herbert, “What are you prepared to do?” I dig Minter thus far, Roman not so much.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

If I was HC, I'd start Taylor Heinicke because the OT's aren't playing. I'd have Heinicke roll out to the side opposite Jones. I'd run heavily from 2 TE sets. On some plays I'd use a FB to block for my RB. Trust the defense to slow down the Chiefs and lean on our kicker. Maybe we could win 5 FG to 4 FG's. Rest Herbert and get him ready for Denver.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

it was a standoff until late in 3rd quarter. not too bad for standing tough. it would have been great if the offense had a trick up their sleave in the 3rd quarter, but it didn't happen.
              It was too much a reminder of the past two years when the team would fold in the 2nd half.

I thought the culture and stamina had changed in the home owner when the Chargers got more dominant in the 2nd half.

Pittsburg was a Deja vu. Like watching Staleys Chargers.

Like it’s been said. I embarrassing wake up call the team needed.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                If I was HC, I'd start Taylor Heinicke because the OT's aren't playing. I'd have Heinicke roll out to the side opposite Jones. I'd run heavily from 2 TE sets. On some plays I'd use a FB to block for my RB. Trust the defense to slow down the Chiefs and lean on our kicker. Maybe we could win 5 FG to 4 FG's. Rest Herbert and get him ready for Denver.
                If Herbert is immobile that may be best. But Herbert had great seasons without Slater or Alt. With them were barely cracking 130 yards in the passing game

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

We had sloppy moments.
                  Tighten it up.
                  Mostly, it is that what we are trying to do takes time.
                  Maybe there will be a rematch.
                  Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

It was too much a reminder of the past two years when the team would fold in the 2nd half.

I thought the culture and stamina had changed in the home owner when the Chargers got more dominant in the 2nd half.

to me, it was not as bad as you are making it sound. again, tie game with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. if Herbert does not come out of the game, we were still right in it.

culture change does not equal undefeated. also, it was week 3, i am not going to declare any great change, bad or good, at this point.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by boltupright View Post

Be interesting to see how Coach handles him.
                      Pretty straight forward what the coach will say. Don’t commit personal fouls like hitting players in the head or next time you will be out several games and a lot of $$.

It is what it is.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Ah, but what u failed to mention is the injuries...when u lose your starting QB and BOTH OT's, well, that kind of changes things...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We had sloppy moments.
                          Tighten it up.
                          Mostly, it is that what we are trying to do takes time.
                          Maybe there will be a rematch.
                          "Uh well, rest up all night - play tough all day
                          Don't let nothin' get in the way
                          Rest up all night - keep the beat
                          Don't you worry 'bout any defeat

Tighten it up
                          Tighten it up, ooh yeah
                          Tighten it up
                          Tighten it up"

Comment

Working...
                          X