Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    Derwin is elite at open field tackling, play recognition and instincts/timing.

check out film study this week alone.
    Goes for a lot of NFL safeties. Forcing fumbles, interceptions, tackles for loss - that is what sets elite safeties apart. When was the last time Derwin INT'd a pass or forced or recovered a fumble? When was the last time he even had a sack?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Goes for a lot of NFL safeties. Forcing fumbles, interceptions, tackles for loss - that is what sets elite safeties apart. When was the last time Derwin INT'd a pass or forced or recovered a fumble? When was the last time he even had a sack?
      He got a sack the very next play after his penalty hit lol. Had a INT last season in a win against the Bears. How do you miss the sack the very next play?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

How about 3 days ago?:

image.png

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We need a decent pass pro OT more than another wideout...
          I would change that slightly to pass pro Center. Bozeman is the worst in the league.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You know why this wasnt called? Its a RB running the ball just as the TE was doing atter the catch. RB lowers head, Derwin smacks him. Great run defense there. 2nd video you will see on this link, he comes up and makes agreat play. Velo dont see these because he doesnt pay attention to the good plays, just his bad ones and then says, 'what has he done'? lol

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Had a INT last season in a win against the Bears.
              One INT in two seasons. Impressive.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Actually once again you re blinded by hate. This season is 3 games old so it isnt a "season" yet. He has 5 INTs the last three full seasons and 8 sacks.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Actually once again you re blinded by hate. This season is 3 games old so it isnt a "season" yet. He has 5 INTs the last three full seasons and 8 sacks.
                    I don't hate Derwin. I'm a realist when it comes to him, his salary and his production. You are normally a realist whose opinion and input I trust and respect. But you have a blind spot when it comes to Derwin. For whatever reason. Five INTs and and 8 sacks over three seasons are OK, for a player who is earning a third of Derwin's salary. Derwin is welcome to surprise me and start playing lights out (and stop committing costly personal fouls) to justify his elite contract. Let's hope.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Good stat. The only criticism one can make is his penalties but certainly not for his excellent safety play.

Every coach he’s had singles him out as the MVP of the defense yet we have “fans” that think he sucks?

Wow!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I don't hate Derwin. I'm a realist when it comes to him, his salary and his production. You are normally a realist whose opinion and input I trust and respect. But you have a blind spot when it comes to Derwin. For whatever reason. Five INTs and and 8 sacks over three seasons are OK, for a player who is earning a third of Derwin's salary. Derwin is welcome to surprise me and start playing lights out (and stop committing costly personal fouls) to justify his elite contract. Let's hope.
                        Nope, you a hater. You dont know realist....you keep asking what has he done? How many sacks (as a safety ) How many INTs....as if thats the best stat ever. How many forced fumbles as if safeties get tons of those every year.

You just dont know defense and want the glorified stats. Id like to see Derwin play more disaplined and avoid those hits but its bang, bang out there. I dont have a blind spot at all for him, im just not nuts like you are about it.

If he doesnt play well, im all for trading him but our coaches dont see it your way. Nobody makes every play and he is good in run defense for this defense. Flys to the ball, he just has to aim better when he hits.

If he was wearing a KC uniform, he doesnt get the penalty.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Maybe opposing teams knows what he can do and passes away from him? Also he got Staley’d and made a Star for a couple of years which took him out of the opportunity to get INTs.

Comment

Working...
                          X