We still talkin about Alt?

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

We still talkin about Alt?
        I'm talking about all of it. The Boo Birds are out in force.
        OLineCentric

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm talking about all of it. The Boo Birds are out in force.
          I will admit I have been a litte crusty today, just all feels too familiar. First time we play a decent football team we get manhandled and lose 5 key players by week 3. Rinse and repeat

So if you want to make the statement about knee jerk Monday perhaps we need some balance, because that goes both ways. if you want to call it knee jerk after a loss, how about calling it knee jerk Monday last Monday when many were crowning these Chargers with visions of sugarplums and the AFC West crown over Chiefs because we beat 2 bad teams, the Raiders and Panthers. That also seems pretty knee jerk since the Chargers dont beat playoff teams and still dont. They still dont measure up in the hard games

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Why are we always making excuses for our soon to be 52 million a year QB? Other QBs are slinging the ball without perfect pockets and o lines.

Daniel Jones has an atrocious offensive line, one of the worst. Evan Neal has been a bust. He is somehow getting the ball to Nabers who has 39 less scrimmage yards than Dobbins in 14 less touches. 135 rush yard games will not be the norm for Dobbins either. Those two games came against 29th and 31st ranked run defenses. He got 44 yards against a good run defense.

Hey if people are on board with our 260 million QB throwing 130 yards a game and running the shit out of the ball thats great, but enough of disparaging the drafting or talent of an absolute stud like Mailk Nabers, who in 3 games is already one of the best and most dangerous WRs in the NFL.
            It's been three games. Way too early to say we can't throw the ball when Herbert is healthy and Nabers is already one of the best and most dangerous wide receivers in the NFL.

I get it. You're invested in Nabers because you pushed for him in the draft. We'll see how it plays out.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

This is correct. this team still had major issues after last season and was not something that could be fixed in one offseason. People scream that S&C Herbert isn't doing his job but he has been on his job for less than 6 months. Rome was not built in a day but if people are not bullish on this team going forward I do not know when they are ever going to be.
              I confess I have no idea what S&C means?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I confess I have no idea what S&C means?
                Strength and Conditioning

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Strength and Conditioning
                  TY
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2023
                    • Send PM

Insult to injury, Justin Fields had 245 passing yards and Calvin Austin lll had 95 yards and a TD whoever that is…I’m sure our second was injured or something but next week will probably expose all our weaknesses.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I will admit I have been a litte crusty today, just all feels too familiar. First time we play a decent football team we get manhandled and lose 5 key players by week 3. Rinse and repeat

So if you want to make the statement about knee jerk Monday perhaps we need some balance, because that goes both ways. if you want to call it knee jerk after a loss, how about calling it knee jerk Monday last Monday when many were crowning these Chargers with visions of sugarplums and the AFC West crown over Chiefs because we beat 2 bad teams, the Raiders and Panthers. That also seems pretty knee jerk since the Chargers dont beat playoff teams and still dont. They still dont measure up in the hard games
                      It's Week 3 of an 18-week season.
                      Sprained ankles, sprained MCL's, and strained pectorals will heal with rest and time.
                      Most of the pre-season darlings are @1-2 or 0-3... Dolphins, Browns, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, 49ers.
                      Is everyone counting them out?

Denver and Las Vegas are at 1-2...
                      After Week 1 it was reported that our win over LV was meaningless... then the Raiders beat the Ravens.
                      After Week 2 it was reported that our win over Carolina was meaningless... then they beat the Raiders (who were coming off a Ravens win).
                      Before one-legged Herbie hobbled off the field... we were tied 10-10 vs the 3-0 Man-handling Steelers. Slater and Alt soon followed.

Among the 3-0 teams are the: Geno Smith led Seahawks, Sam Darnold led Vikings, and the Justin Fields led Steelers...
                      Everyone was fawning over Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers. Collectively, their teams are 4-8.
                      Quentin Johnson couldn't catch a ball in training camp... but hasn't dropped a pass (3 TD's).
                      Everyone knew Malik Nabers would be good... but to this point in the season... he's the one who dropped a game winning/losing pass.

Everybody has their own narrative. How about we save our judgements until Week 18...?
                      Last edited by Boltnut; Today, 08:15 PM.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It's Week 3 of an 18-week season.
                        Sprained ankles, sprained MCL's, and strained pectorals will heal with rest and time.
                        Most of the pre-season darlings are @1-2 or 0-3... Dolphins, Browns, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, 49ers.
                        Is everyone counting them out?

Denver and Las Vegas are at 1-2...
                        After Week 1 it was reported that our win over LV was meaningless... then the Raiders beat the Ravens.
                        After Week 2 it was reported that our win over Carolina was meaningless... then they beat the Raiders (who were coming off a Ravens win).
                        Before one-legged Herbie hobbled off the field... we were tied 10-10 vs the 3-0 Steelers. Slater and Alt soon followed.

Among the 3-0 teams are the: Geno Smith led Seahawks, Sam Darnold led Vikings, and the Justin Fields led Steelers...
                        Everyone was fawning over Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Bowers. Collectively, their teams are 4-8.
                        Quentin Johnson couldn't catch a ball in training camp... but hasn't dropped a pass (3 TD's).
                        Everyone knew Malik Nabers would be good... but to this point in the season... he's the one who dropped a game winning/losing pass.

Everybody has their own narrative. How about we save our judgements until Week 18...?
                        Fair enough.

There is one narrative I hope to see change more than any other. The Chargers winning the games against bad teams, and never beating playoff caliber teams. Been that way a few seasons now.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's been three games. Way too early to say we can't throw the ball when Herbert is healthy and Nabers is already one of the best and most dangerous wide receivers in the NFL.

I get it. You're invested in Nabers because you pushed for him in the draft. We'll see how it plays out.
                          I am fine with Alt, it is Sewell and Chase agian. Both are fine picks

I was really responding after a few comments to the effect..."Nabers would not be a good pick for Harbaugh led Chargers" WTF is that? Nabers is a stud that would be a weapon on any NFL team.

Chargers will not start finally beating playoff level NFL teams without a good passing game. The good team can shut down Dobbins.

Comment

Working...
                          X