• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

2024 NCAA Season - 2025 Prospect Discussion

loveland.jpg
    how many more drafts do we go without selecting a TE ?? Kincaid, LaPorta, Bowers, Sinnott.... Loveland ??

and know it's all of a month out from the '024 stanza, and.... these days there is virtually no waiting as most of the name sites already have their big boards and some mock drafts up and running,

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
    Never too early is it?

IMG_1801.jpg
    QB
    RB Ollie Gordon, Raheim Sanders * these guys are lookin' like day two guys, but not sure they get the nod over the defensive considerations
    WR J. Michael Sturdivant, Bru McCoy * lotta the names here are carryovers from the last stanza, and so many more to come
    TE Oronde Gadsden II * sometimes you'll find him listed as wideout, and thinkin' he fits here a bit better
    OT
    OG Jonah Savaiinaea, Donovan Jackson * think they're round three/day two talents, but they get slotted higher @times
    OC Parker Brailsford, Eli Cox * the former is hellah undersized, and have had my eye on Elimoto for a coupla years now, and still he needs to up his game some

NT Deone Walker, Kenneth Grant * gotta believe we're going Dline early as we passed on them & the CBs for the young Ladd
    DT Howard Cross * gotta believe that JS was part of things last go 'round, and that he still casts his votes for the Golden Domers as he can
    DE
    ED JT Tuimoloau, Jack Sawyer, RJ Oben * think ol' Whitebread & Boy Wonderbread will have an eye out for Sawyer, 'specially if he has any Youngblood to his game
    OLB Eric Gentry * 'nother carryover from the last go 'round, and could be a good depth addition @off ball LB
    ILB Cody Simon * dude likes to tackle, and of which is always a welcome trait 'round here
    CB Domani Jackson, Cobee Bryant * along w/the Dline, think DB is gonna be a priority this next go 'round
    SS

and always a bit of an embarrassment when looking back over these things after the fact, and.... always volunteer that 'tis not so much a matter of right nor wrong, but more so the opportunity to get familiar w/these guys, and so that we can use our collective forum chops to better get things sorted the closer we get to things.
    Last edited by beachcomber; 05-27-2024, 08:32 AM.
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Screenshot 2024-05-25 122105.png
    Kenneth Grant is listed @330 something, but has been up to 350 something, and.... he can move some

1) NT Deone Walker, NT Kenneth Grant * de'One, can be found in the top ten, albeit some pundits leave him off their first round board altogether
    2) DT Howard Cross, ED JT Tuimoloau, RB Ollie Gordon, ED Jack Sawyer * not sure who's ahead of who here, and the need is there for the Dline
    3) OG Jonah Savaiinaea, ED RJ Oben, CB Domani Jackson, RB Raheim Sanders, OG Donovan Jackson * chances are we could use an RG, and.... back 2 back Golden Domers and a Dline trifecta wouldn't be all bad
    4) CB Cobee Bryant, OC Parker Brailsford, WR J. Michael Sturdivant * undersized but not afraid to come up against the run and can cover some
    5) TE Oronde Gadsden II * seemed to recall that this guy can block a little bit, but is more a receiving/pass catching TE
    6) WR Bru McCoy * one service had him all the way to top ten, and.... think he's better slotted as a day three guy, for now
    6) OC Eli Cox * rumor has it that we've got five round six picks, and.... not quite there yet (but I will be
    7) ILB Cody Simon * kept an eye on him last go 'round, and think he'd be a good depth addition to our LB corps
    7) OLB Eric Gentry * the Condor has some somewhat odd measurables, and then again they just might translate outside wide
    Last edited by beachcomber; 05-27-2024, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

and so, for the some of us, the question remains.... how do I build my board ??

and for the vast majority of posters, let alone those of us who are just reading along and don't post so much, if @all, it just doesn't make sense to put much of any energy into things so early in the stanza, and....

would volunteer, that getting an early start, not only improves your board, but better adds to the aggregate whole here @tPB, as we all benefit the more info that is passed around here, and....
      Screenshot 2024-05-27 082223.png
      for those of you who insist on your empirical examination of everything before you submit much of anything, would proffer again that you may be the better man or woman for giving your inner empiricist a rest for a bit here, and let your intuition or ethereal side come into play a bit, and before you break out the thumbscrews and magnifying glasses, as not only is it good fun, but the draft is just as much an art as it is any exacting science, and so.... let your imagination run free, let your first impression have some say in the matters, let alone giving things the eye test, and before you put anything in ink, just pencil in some guys.

speaking for myself, I go thru the say 'bout 400 or so prospects and eventually whittle that down to say 5 or 10 percent of that, and list them by position. some peoples start by discerning what team needs are and then go from there, but again for myself, I find it a better process to just go thru the ranks and see which players strike a chord in me, and given that you might know something of him from the last draft process if he was under consideration/eligible last go 'round, or maybe you've caught wind of him from watching other prospects or games, or maybe you've come across his name while researching out other things.... whatever the case, there is no cut 'n dry formula, and me thinx 'tis better to more wing it than not, as when you get your first 40 or so prospects sorted out, then you've got a watchlist and can go from there.... then all that's left is to follow your fave pundits and/or draftniks of choice, and as best as you can ascertain, begin to slot your players of choice, and for better or worse, as again.... right or wrong, it's the process that we trust in, and....

not only are we prolly "better together," but 'twon't be long before the likes of Nutty 'n Murphus, Daniel 'n Lance, and the rest of the "community" will be out en force, and we'll be filling the pages here w/our usual brand of jabberwocky 'n gobbledygook, and.... Mel 'n McShay be damned,

2025 Consensus Big Board | NFL Mock Draft Database
      Top QBs 2025 NFL Draft (drafttek.com)
      2025 NFL Draft Rankings - Big Board - Shane P. Hallam (draftcountdown.com)
      NFL DRAFT 2025 Overall Prospect Rankings (nfldraftbuzz.com)
      NFL Draft Big Board (pff.com)
      2025 NFL Draft Class: Top 100 NFL Prospects to Watch Including Luther Burden III, Will Johnson, Deone Walker (profootballnetwork.com)
      2025 NFL Draft Big Board | Tankathon​​​​
      Last edited by beachcomber; 05-27-2024, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Screenshot 2024-05-27 170900.png
        1) NT, TE
        2) DT, ED, CB, OG, RB
        3) RB, OC
        4) CB, WR
        5) WR
        6) WR, OC, LB
        7) LB

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

team needs

QB2
          RB4 * replacing Isaiah
          WR5 * replacing Chark, Palmer
          TE2 * replacing Hurst
          OT3 * replacing Trey
          RG1 * replacing Jamaree (moves to swing tackle)
          OC2 * replacing Jaimes

Screenshot 2024-05-27 210337.png
          IOL Donovan Jackson, Parker Brailsford, Jonah Savaiinaea, Eli Cox

NT1 * replacing Hinton
          DT2
          DE2 * replacing Fox
          ED1 * replacing Bosa
          ILB3
          OLB3 * replacing Niemann
          CB7
          SS3 * replacing Finley
          FS1 * replacing JT Woods

this offseason we have added a good 20 or so players to the squad....

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer @this time.
            I do remember liking RB Devin Neal before he decided to go back to school.
            I do not own any of these highlights or music clips. All rights reserved to ABC, ESPN, FOX Sports, Big 12 Conference, Offset, and Latto. Music: Offset – FINE...

OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              I'm afraid I don't have much to offer @this time.
              I do remember liking RB Devin Neal before he decided to go back to school.
              I do not own any of these highlights or music clips. All rights reserved to ABC, ESPN, FOX Sports, Big 12 Conference, Offset, and Latto. Music: Offset – FINE...
              yes, seem to recall that as one of your guys, and.... am partial to Raheim Sanders from the last go 'round, and the two of 'em seem to be slotted relatively similar ??

the guy I've got on my watchlist for this next go 'round is Ollie Gordon II....

atm Quinshon Judkins is slotted late first, and TreVeyon Henderson late second, Trevor Etienne late third.... Devin Neal middle to late fourth ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I liked S Rod Moore, too.
                Last edited by Boltnut; 06-02-2024, 08:10 AM.
                OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yes, seem to recall that as one of your guys, and.... am partial to Raheim Sanders from the last go 'round, and the two of 'em seem to be slotted relatively similar ??

the guy I've got on my watchlist for this next go 'round is Ollie Gordon II....

atm Quinshon Judkins is slotted late first, and TreVeyon Henderson late second, Trevor Etienne late third.... Devin Neal middle to late fourth ??
                  @the moment, I think a 4th round grade is fair for Neal.
                  Sanders has very good speed for a RB that big. I remember watching him last year.
                  Judkins and Henderson are both good RB's. 1st and 2nd round slots seem high. Trey Benson went 3rd round IIRC.

My philosophy is to start looking for RB's in the late 3rd or 4th rounds. Good OL's can make good RB's look even better.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    FS or strong/nickel back ?? not a willing tackler ?? late second round ??

this is prolly where you and I diverge, as def leanin' Dline round 2 over most any DB.... ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The last few years, I've been liking the CB's coming out of Washington (Elijah Molden and Trent McDuffie). They're either putting an emphasis @that position when recruiting or coaching them up well afterwards (or both).

Whatever the reason... this year, Jabbar Muhammad seems to be the next-man-up for them. I'll be watching.

More 2024 Draft Film: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgKfr6wMuevC3V_Wrj5TczlQxn3qpWOjMore CFB videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtgKfr6...

OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

gettin' close to a coupla months since I took a look @things, and just checkin' in on things consensus wise....

1A) RG Jonah Savaiinaea, NT Kenneth Grant, RB Ollie North, ED Jack Sawyer
                        1B) CB Jabbar Muhammad, DE JT Tuimoloau

2) DT Howard Cross III
                        3) RB Devin Neal, RB Raheim Sanders, ED RJ Oben, OG Donovan Jackson

4) WR J. Michael Sturdivant, CB Domani Jackson, CB Jacobee Bryant
                        5) RB Ulysses Bentley IV
                        6) WR Bru McCoy
                        7) LB Cody Simon, LB Eric Gentry, TE Oronde Gadsden II, OC Eli Cox

Comment

Working...
                        X