• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

CMB: Roo always showed love. Glad that familiar dudes like Wood Eye made their way here.
    Roo left the San Diego Union Tribune-sponsored forum to start up the Chargers.com message board. Roo was the guy that brought me into mod-hood at the UT.

I have checked out other forums over the years. The norm is that there are a few bullies dominating the conversation, while other cliques form to avoid associating with the ill-tempered, anger-spewing few.

Really great to have a forum where respectful dialog is the order-of-the-day, and the loud and angry tyrants are few are far between. Props to the mods here for cultivating this atmosphere.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Roo left the San Diego Union Tribune-sponsored forum to start up the Chargers.com message board. Roo was the guy that brought me into mod-hood at the UT.

I have checked out other forums over the years. The norm is that there are a few bullies dominating the conversation, while other cliques form to avoid associating with the ill-tempered, anger-spewing few.

Really great to have a forum where respectful dialog is the order-of-the-day, and the loud and angry tyrants are few are far between. Props to the mods here for cultivating this atmosphere.
      Man we have to create some type of Chargers Boards Tree wiki or something!! Sort of like an Ancestry tree of the Powder Blues Lots of history here.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I'm what I would call, a "rescue" poster from the CMB when that was getting shut down.
        Fleet approached us all there and invited those of us interested, to come join here
        At first I wasn't hesitant, but as usual, Fleet presented himself with classic Fleet grace, integrity, respect and just enough spunk to capture my intrigue.
        I dipped my feet in both pools for a while until I realized how much of an upgrade TPB was, I still miss some of the guys who still chat it up at the CMB (apparently never really shut down?) But I'm a 1-woman, 1-team, 1-forum kind of dude, so I've made TPB my home.
        and the best part is of this place is the moderating, not just from the official moderators, but from everyone reading.
        For the most part, TPB is a self-governing plateform that runs on good-faith and genuine feedback from really good and down-to-earth guys (and gals), living and working in a vast array of professions and leading all walks of life.
        I'm often inspired by many folks in here and now have a chance to express my gratitude. Thank you.
        To Fleet, to the mods but also, just as much to all the regular Joes like me that have both embraced, but also challenged me, thank you for making TPB the best place on the internet to talk Chargers as the main entree with a large side of crude humor.
        BoltUP.
        Darius "4.36" Davis
        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

I used to go to CMB a few years ago but then discovered it was gone! Happy to discover this fine board and some old familar faces. I appreciate the opportunity to talk Charger ball with some great fans and vent about Chargering ( a thing of the past!) when it was necessary!

Really cool how many long term Charger fans there are here. We are nothing if not loyal!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            Stack Au Ag Pb
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

The UT was fun and Raiders fans trolled that board hard when they were winning. Herr Schottenheimer ended that shit. Then the UT was invaded by the Canadians and their Flutopian Army. Bannings and suspensions every day. Good times.

Now we have Harbaugh and this upcoming season is going to be epic in here.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I go back to the very early days of bulletin boards period. Ray Feist, famous sci-fi author and iceman would go at it. Fleet we all appreciate this community and to me that is what it is, a community, a family not just an internet board.

Reading RC, POwerslave, brings back so many great memories. Even KegMouse and brad

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I'm what I would call, a "rescue" poster from the CMB when that was getting shut down.
                Fleet approached us all there and invited those of us interested, to come join here
                At first I wasn't hesitant, but as usual, Fleet presented himself with classic Fleet grace, integrity, respect and just enough spunk to capture my intrigue.
                I dipped my feet in both pools for a while until I realized how much of an upgrade TPB was, I still miss some of the guys who still chat it up at the CMB (apparently never really shut down?) But I'm a 1-woman, 1-team, 1-forum kind of dude, so I've made TPB my home.
                and the best part is of this place is the moderating, not just from the official moderators, but from everyone reading.
                For the most part, TPB is a self-governing plateform that runs on good-faith and genuine feedback from really good and down-to-earth guys (and gals), living and working in a vast array of professions and leading all walks of life.
                I'm often inspired by many folks in here and now have a chance to express my gratitude. Thank you.
                To Fleet, to the mods but also, just as much to all the regular Joes like me that have both embraced, but also challenged me, thank you for making TPB the best place on the internet to talk Chargers as the main entree with a large side of crude humor.
                BoltUP.
                Just means so much to me. This place might be the only thing ive ever done right. Thanks for the Aloha.

Comment

Working...
                X