• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

3.9 or 4.0 doesn't even sound humanly possible.
    does anyone know if muscle fiber can even move fast enough to propel a body that fast through air?
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      3.9 or 4.0 doesn't even sound humanly possible.
      does anyone know if muscle fiber can even move fast enough to propel a body that fast through air?
      This may or may not help. That’s par for anything I post, I suppose

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• HK55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2018
        • Send PM

Boltjolt, didn't know Bo was a decathlete. Fascinating.

​Never was a big DS fan, but the talent is undeniable. His college baseball coach would let him run track if it didn’t conflict with the baseball schedule.

Still a avid track fan, only focus on sprints. The Cali and TX (Florida also) High School state championships produce phenomenal sprint times.Thank god for YouTube, many meets are streamed.

Unfortunately, sports today are so specialized and year round, that a lot of potentially great sprinters never step foot on a track. Too busy playing on 7x7 teams during​ the spring

image.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
          Boltjolt, didn't know Bo was a decathlete. Fascinating.

Never was a big DS fan, but the talent is undeniable. His college baseball coach would let him run track if it didn’t conflict with the baseball schedule.

Still a avid track fan, only focus on sprints. The Cali and TX (Florida also) High School state championships produce phenomenal sprint times.Thank god for YouTube, many meets are streamed.

Unfortunately, sports today are so specialized and year round, that a lot of potentially great sprinters never step foot on a track. Too busy playing on 7x7 teams during the spring

image.jpg
          Bo Jackson.....that guy was unreal. I hate the Raiders but i would watch them just to see Bo play. He was just so fast at 225 lbs and running people over like Bosworth. If you ever saw him play baseball....holy shit. He had a cannon for an arm. Threw people out at home from the warning track. He was a marvel and its just a shame that he hurt his hip and it was over.

Deion was an athlete too but he wasnt no Bo Jackson though very talented himself.

I do not buy the 3.9 and 4.0 hand timed 40s. But it would be interesting to see if he could run a sub 4.2. Id guess no, but id like to see him try....of course he cant now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            JH3 and Me
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bo Jackson.....that guy was unreal. I hate the Raiders but i would watch them just to see Bo play. He was just so fast at 225 lbs and running people over like Bosworth. If you ever saw him play baseball....holy shit. He had a cannon for an arm. Threw people out at home from the warning track. He was a marvel and its just a shame that he hurt his hip and it was over.

Deion was an athlete too but he wasnt no Bo Jackson though very talented himself.

I do not buy the 3.9 and 4.0 hand timed 40s. But it would be interesting to see if he could run a sub 4.2. Id guess no, but id like to see him try....of course he cant now.
            I saw. Unreal. Bo was one of one. His athleticism exceeded the capacity of the human body, alas.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yes, this would make a cool story. The International Pathway is a interesting program. But I'd like to see all available reps to go guys like C Johnson and Rice. Not to mention Derius Davis and even Simi Fehoko.

I live in Fort Worth. While Fehoko was with the Cowboys in training camp, the beat writers raved about his athleticism and work ethic. I almost forgot he's still on our roster.

Our other IPP player is in his make or break season. Okoye Wish him well. DL needs as many bodies as possible. Not so much WRs.
              We'll have three or more practice squads. We have 4 QBs and a coach or two that can throw. Everybody gets some reps. Getting to the 1s and 2s will take some skills.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I live in Fort Worth. While Fehoko was with the Cowboys in training camp, the beat writers raved about his athleticism and work ethic. I almost forgot he's still on our roster.
                Very odd about Fehoko. He seems to have legit NFL talent, but can't put it together. The Cowboys didn't roster him and let him walk, opting to keep T-Billy over him on their practice squad last year. The Steelers signed him to their practice then the Chargers signed him after Mike Will's injury. I was pretty excited about the guy, but he disappeared, and when they really needed young guys on the WR depth chart to step up after Keenan and Palmer both missed time with injury, he still did nothing, even with scrubbies like Alex Erickson and Keelan Doss as his competition for snaps. Erickson ended up playing a bigger role in the offense. I don't know, even the most talented guys sometimes don't make it in the NFL, for reasons I can't explain. I was really hopeful for him when they signed him.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

This PFF ranking has the Chargers' WR corps 31st out 32 teams.

We rank all 32 NFL receiving corps ahead of the 2024 season, beginning with the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thank you!
                    Too many keyboard warriors out there today who never saw Bo play try to compare statistics. All you needed to do is see Bo Jackson play once( football or baseball) to realize there was no one ever like him, before or since, or ever likely to be again.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Thank you!
                      Too many keyboard warriors out there today who never saw Bo play try to compare statistics. All you needed to do is see Bo Jackson play once( football or baseball) to realize there was no one ever like him, before or since, or ever likely to be again.
                      I never saw him play and even I can see the athletic traits on video.
                      A friend of mine is an old raider fan from the 70s and has a VHS collection of raider games since the early 80s and on
                      ya he showed me some Bo runs before youtube was a thing.
                      Incredible.
                      Darius "4.36" Davis
                      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        This PFF ranking has the Chargers' WR corps 31st out 32 teams.

We rank all 32 NFL receiving corps ahead of the 2024 season, beginning with the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins.
                        Sobering. We shall see

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I never saw him play and even I can see the athletic traits on video.
                          A friend of mine is an old raider fan from the 70s and has a VHS collection of raider games since the early 80s and on
                          ya he showed me some Bo runs before youtube was a thing.
                          Incredible.
                          Watching him live was something else. As I posted earlier, he was one of one. So uniquely epic that his body self-destructed from the awesomeness in short order. A tragic story in most ways.

Comment

Working...
                          X